Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
we have booked to go to the hotel tamarindo and i can't belive all the negative comments i have read. is it really as bad as they say, we are going aug 2007, there are 6 adults and 5 children, ages ranging from 5 years to 70 years. i would appreciate any ideas of thing to do, does everyone pay the same price to go in the waterpark and can you go in and out whenever you want to.we have been to corralejo before and stopped at the oasis dunas self catering, but that was about 9 years ago. please help
I have read the reviews also and we are are keeping an open mind there are some very good reports on the holiday watchdog site.
We go on October 11 for 2 weeks we will post a review when we get back

Cheers Mark
Tracey you have pm

Cheers Mark
Going all inclusive to oasis tamarindo in august 07 any information would be great thankyou. allie
Allie

I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic, so you may now find some useful info in earlier posts.

luci :wave
Hi after reading all the negative reviews etc about the Oasis Tamarindo I felt i needed to sign up just to say that me and my partner went there in Mar/April 06 and found it top notch all the way, the food was of a good variety and as regards to the warmth of the food, there were microwaves in the restaurant which guests could use, although we found the only reason food wasnt tht hot is because we left it too late in the evening (near to close) . The grounds are superb and well looked after by the looks, disabled friendly in my opinion , that is why we are going back in 7 weeks (April) with my diasbled mother. Rooms are very satisfying with all amenities you could need (Living Room with dining table, kitchen etc ). Entertainment staff very friendly and fun, 1st class ( Janine, Caroline & Rowan), we even went on a night out clubbing with them on the last night of our stay after they had finished at the hotel, we were well look after to say the least. Corralejo town is a max 20 min walk and has many nice shops. Beaches are the best i've ever seen and the hotel when we were there put on a bus service daily to the main beach and if you ask them they give you a packed lunch, great! All in all, a brilliant holiday with what i would say something for everyone, and if your a explorer/walker a trip to Isla de Los Lobos is well worth it.
I would 100% definitely recommend this hotel to anybody and look forward to our next and future visit/s.
Hope this is of some use to anyone.
Welcome to HT! :wave

I'd be grateful if you'd copy your review HERE please :wink:
Many thanks :tup

Pippy :D
Hi, I am staying at these apartments on an AI basis at the end of April. I have read all the reviews but just have a couple of questions.

Is the beach within walking distance?
Can you smoke on the complex?
Are they twin beds in 1 bed apartments (am going with my sister-in-law)?
Is the heated pool actualy warm or just not freezing?

Any tips, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sally
we are due to fly out end of may can anyone give me an update on this complex please. food etc
You'll find a recent review HERE.

Pippy :D
Hi - coming to the island at the end of June and just realised our hotel doesn't appear to have a laundry facility (Oasis Tamarindo), can anyone please tell me otherwise, alternativly is there a launderette at a nearby hotel that non-residents can use, or finally is there a one in the town centre ?

Two children, two weeks equals lots of dirty clothes
I was wondering exactly the same thing, as we are going to Oasis T. in July, so will be very pleased if anyone can let us know about laundry facilities. Hope you really enjoy your holiday, and will you post your comments on this site when you get back. I'm a bit concerned about the food, as we are going all inclusive, and some of the comments about the food on this site and others are a bit mixed. I will be very grateful if you will let me know your opinion.
Will do....I've noticed a couple of the others in the Oasis chain (Village and Dunas) have laundry service, I've emailed them to see if they can be used by non-residents. We were in Corralejo a couple of years ago and used to use the ones at the (then) Atlantico Playa, however this has since changed hands (Atalantic Gardens) so I don't know if it still has the launderette.

We're also AI at the Tamarindo, had some direct feedback from some people who've stayed there recently and they've said that the food is typical of most AI places. Mass catering, so whilst there isn't necessarily something you'd choose if you had a menu, there is always something for everyone....however that said, I'll still keep an open mind and will be sure to give you an update when we get back.

When do you go in July...we get back the 11th ?
Not going till the end of July, so I will look forward to hearing our opinion.
Hi we fly out to Oasis Tamarindo tomorrow afternoon for 7 days so when we return on June 2nd I will post a reply regarding food etc on Sunday 3rd June ok.
hi
we have noticed today on our final invoice that we have been moved from the tamorindo to the club hotel riu oliva beach resort. no details or reason given we have tried to contact direct holiday about this but they are continually engaged. the hotel looks lovely that we have been moved to but according to all the brochures the new hotel does not have rooms that accomadate a family of 5 which we need. we are due to fly out on the 15th aug for two weeks. has anyone any info that may help. thankyou
we have been informed we were moved from the tamarindo to the rui oliva beach due to a lot of building work going on around the atmarindo.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.