Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi!

Just found this site, very very informative. My girlfriend and i have booked 11 nights in Protaras in Aug.

Can anyone tell me where abouts the Odessa hotel is situated in relation to other hotels and the strip please? A map would be great if poss!

Thanks!
here is the simple thing to do e-mail the CTO tel them you are making your first trip to Cyprus and are staying in the Ammochostos district and could they please supply you with maps and information on that area, they ate free and take a few days

wizard

the CTO e-mail informationcto@btconnect.com
Hi. Odessa is just off the strip, one of several hotels in a line which runs from one end of the strip to the other, parallel to the beach. In an excellent location for everything. One of the maps which the CTO supply shows the locations of all the hotels in Protaras/Pernera and is really useful - in fact it's a great pack of info they send you.

Any specific questions on the Odessa, feel free to ask: stayed there the past two years and enyjoyed it.
Thanks Meercat!

We booked today, it wasn't my preffered hotel choice but the Sunrise was that little bit too expensive and only B&B.

I wanted something ON the beach, exactly how far/awkward is it to access the beach from the Odessa?
Hi - ok it isn't ON the beach as some of the other hotels are, but from the pool area at the Odessa you have a grasssed area with a children's playground and sunbeds/parasols and this leads you down to the beach. Takes a minute or so to walk down to the beach fom the hotel and is not at all far/awkward.

It is a nice hotel - I wouldn't have gone back again last year otherwise, and it really is well placed for the beach and the strip - best of both worlds! And the food was good... and the staff were lovely...I hope you will enjoy it - the beach is very close so you shouldn't worry too much on that score!
hi gdvti, http://www.intercyprus.com/maps/map-of-protaras-b.jpg just scroll across for hotel list, Odessa is number 22.

hope this helps

gail
Wizard ~ thank you for the suggestion and the email address ~ I have emailed them this morning :)
thankyou for the tip i also have e-mailed them
Click HERE for our reviews of this hotel if you haven't already read them.
:wave
Hi there, my daughter and her friend are going abroad alone for the first time in May and are staying in the Odessa hotel. Just wounderng if anyone knows if there is a safe at the hotel, and how much it will cost to hire it out?
Thanx, Ang
the following link will take you to the hotel web site

http://www.tsokkos.com/pages_eng/odessa.php

yes they have safety deposit boxes but sorry no idea of cost

you could try e-mail odessa@tsokkos.com

wizard
Ten separate discussions about Hotel Odessa have now been merged into this single topic. To make all information more easily accessible and perhaps reduce repetition, it would assist if members would post all enquiries or comments about the hotel here in this thread, rather than start a new topic for each question.

Many thanks
David :wave
My family and I are visiting this Hotel in July. The reviews I've read previously have been on the whole quite good, although I haven't read anything since the apparent refurbishment - How is it looking now?

Can someone also let me know if the dreaded sunbed issue is a problem here? I don't fancy getting up too early to find a spot with an umbrella.

Can you also see the sea from the Pool area?

Thanks in advance!
hi dwj123 - rooms hadn't been refurbished when I was last there on October (I had been there the year before). Hotel is very comfortable, staff are lovely, food is fine and loads of sunbathing space because you are not all packed around the pool. There is a large grassy area beyond the pool where there are plenty beds and parasols, and this leads down to the beach. Never had a problem getting a sunbed, and didn't have to be up at the crack of dawn!

You would need to be standing up to see the sea from the pool area, and it is not as close to the beach as some of the other hotels, but it is only a minute or two walk from the hotel before you hit the sand.

I was in Protaras last month again although not staying at the Odessa and went in for a look round. Noticed that the reception had been refurbished with new seating etc. Not sure if the rooms have been done now.

Any other questions, please ask and I'll do my best to help having been there 2 years running!
Thanks very much for you help, much appreciated, can't wait till we get there, only a couple of weeks to go.
We went to the Odessa on the 7th June and returned last Wednesday (boo hoo!!). Although we have not stayed there before we were very happy with the rooms (looked fairly new). Hotel was spotless, maid service every day. Food was lovely with a good selection.
We managed to get a sunbed every day we wanted one, although people do put the towels on to reserve. We used to take our towels down when we went for breakfast 8:30 - 9:00. If you want a sunbed and there are none left the staff will remove towels for you.
Most rooms have side sea views.
Would stay there again. Have a nice holiday and we wish we were coming with you!!!
Hi has anyone stayed at this hotel and can you tell me if I need to take beach/pool towels as 4 of us going and dont want to take if I dont have to!
Hi Hugster - pool towels are provided at the Odessa. You can collect them at the little hotel shop on the ground floor. The guy just usually asks for your room number and notes it in his book - never had to pay a deposit there, and I've stayed there twice. Dump them back in the basket at the shop once you are finished and get fresh ones next morning. Enjoy your stay!
thanks for that Meerkat 2505. I am travelling with twin boys aged 15 who love sport and eat and drink loads-have we made a good choice?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.