Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Donna-Marie and Gail

If you want to pm me with your email address, I should be able to send you some photos of the Odessa - one of them shows the Constantinos The Great Hotel, so you are able to see how far away it is.

Pat
:D will do Meerkat - no matter where I search I can't seem to find photos for the Odessa other than the main ones that are showed on all sites that I have visited - with the yellow flowery bedspreads yuch!! and curtains yuch!! - but I know, they are just decor!! :? :lol:
The Odessa's a very fine hotel....funny how it doesn't get as much publicity as other, less well appointed hotels in the vicinity.

Also, because Protaras shuts up shop for the winter months, many of the hotels/apartments plan in all their repair / improvement / renovation work for that time.

Rest assured it'll all be tickety-boo by the time you go, Donna-Marie.
Any update on this hotel would be appreciated for this year.
Mixed reaction for last year,s postings.
I am a tight Scotsman,with a tighter sporran. :roll:
I went last October, worried about reviews and nervous about what I would find. It was fantastic!!!. So much so that I am booked again to go this October and can't wait - never been to the same hotel twice in all my years of travelling, so that in itself is a big vote of confirdence from me!!One review I read so far this year is more than good - there has apparently been refurbishment and it is excellent. There are no bad points about this hotel other than the entertainment which is poor, but there is so much going on round about that I wouldn't want to stay in the hotel anyway in the evening. I would recommend withount any hesitation.
Hi any one been to the odessa yet. We stayed there last year for 4th time and are going again this year!!!!!
Wondered what entertainment they have got this year. Also does anyone know how much taxi from airport (Larnaca). Might be cheaper to hire car for 2 weeks!!!!! :ghug [/b]
Hi Jellybaby - you must have enjoyed there just as we did - going back this year too. Worried so much about the bad reviews last year and it was excellent - can't wait to go back. Saw one review on another site which was excellent from someone who had been this year - hotel refurbished and looking good. When are you off? We have to wait till October unfortunately. The entertainment cannot be worse than last October - it was funny it was so bad, but we never actually stayed in the hotel at night - too much else going on. It was the young guy who did the bingo etc through the day, suddenly tried to double up as Elvis etc at night - no-one was fooled!!!! Can't wait to get back - hope to hear from anyone who has been this year........
Hi I agree with Meerkat we are going for the 5th time this year to the Odessa. Pool is fabulous, they were replacing all tv's in roms etc., last year for new ones. not that, that matters don't go away to watch tv great hotel. enjoy.
Hi Meerkat we are going on July 25th can't wait hope i have won lottery to buy a place out there!!!! 8)
Hi Jellybaby - look forward to seeing your review when you get back since you are away before us. It'll be interesting to see what is different about the place this time. Have a great holiday. :D
A bit run down and shabby, but otherwise ok.
I would completely disagree that it is run down and shabby!!! That's a very harsh comment - when did you last stay there keithpp??
Hi everyone, anyone been to the Odessa Hotel, Protaras yet this year? We are going for the 11th time this year (4th time to Odessa). What is the entertainment like this year for this hotel?

We are flying out on the 24th July, with Lufthansa from Heathrow cheapest flights we could get!!!

Hoping to book a jeep for the second week of hols. Any recent prices would be appreciated.

Any other families going this time of year? We are 4 taffys (2 adults 40,37 kids 11 and 5).

We did arrange last year to meet up with some fellow holiday truths gang but it went a bit pear shaped as none of us knew what each other looked like just how many were in each party. I think Groovychick was one of them.

Any way back to hotel, any reviews would be great. Thanks :ghug
Hi jellybaby- hope you get some replies. Going back to the Odessa for 2 weeks in October after loving it last year. Wonder what the refurbishment has done to the place - I can't wait to go back! Saw a couple of reviews on another site, but there is nothing so far here. Getting excited already. Have a great holiday - look forward to hearing about it when you get back. :D Pat
If anyone has stayed here this year - please add your review HERE

Hi Jellybaby
yes I can remember last year!! Walking past the bar us staring in, others staring out :wave LOL. Will miss you this year as we are not flying out until 28 August, I think Fourby is there at the same time as us and he is staying at Pallini which is next to our fave restaurant so we'll probably be in at the same time not knowing who is who. Maybe this year I might mention HOLIDAY TRUTHS quite loudly occasionally. Have a great time. :sun
Thanks for the reply. If I remember rightly I think you arrived later on in the night. I think it was the fourbys that were there. I did actually ask one family that fitted the description and they looked at me as if I was barking!!!!

My hubby said we should have taken a box of jellybabies and put them on the table as instant recognition!!

Any way never mind have a great time as well. 8)
We have booked to stay at the Odessa next year (inland view room). In the brochures it doesn't actually state that the inland view rooms have a balcony/terrace, only that the side sea/sea view rooms do. Has anyone stayed at the Odessa recently who can confirm that inland view rooms do have a balcony or terrace?? Not 100% sure
Hi - stayed there last year and going again next month. I am certain that all the rooms have balconies, and the Tsokkos hotels web site does confirm this. This is a lovely hotel - hope you enjoy it!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.