Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Kbaby, it will be my first time all inclusive too but to be honest, I'm not worried. I will maybe take Breakfast in the hotel but then plan to be out for the days on trips etc so will be eating out for the rest of the time. The reason I am going A.I this time is that the holiday was cheaper than going self catering or B&B, and the hotel does look really nice. I figured I would just treat the hotel purely as a base like I always do and get out and about every day. I am not one for laying by the pool so for me it's essential to get out and see the area.
There is a water park in Ovacik, apprently small but as long as there's water and slides, my son will be happy. It will pass a couple of hours in between doing the other stuff.
You are right after such a miserable summer, it will be nice to just get away to somewhere beautiful and relaxing.
Karen_uk......whats a woggle????????? lol!!. I am sure he will be fine in the water, he can swim and its not as though he is little, he's only 11 at the moment but already taking over me in the height department so i'm sure we will be fine on the main beach although we will probably only be on the beach for one day. we are only going for 7 days so need to make lots of time for exploring. :tup
I am so looking forward to it. did i mention its only 207 days, 11 hours, 48 minutes and 34 seconds to go?? :cheers
Thank for the replies.
Cally. ~x~ :glynis
a woggle is a long circular piece of foam that will join at the ends, you can either use it like a ring, or have it as a long piece of foam to lie back on it or stick it under your arms round your front and float, they sell them in the main street for a few £, but there are usually loads of spares lying around at the hotel where people don't take them home. But they are great for floating around in the sea :)
People I met this year referred to them as 'noodles'. It can get mighty confusing!

Especially when they got on our gulet and then a few of them went 'oh before we leave port we must go and buy some more noodles'. I'm thinking "do they not think they will get fed enough? Do these people have dietary requirements which include noodles every day? Are they thinking of plain ones? Pot Noodle or Supernoodle?"

Anyway, they came back with woggles and all was revealed. Phew. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.