Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Whilst you are waiting, you can check out our hotel reviews HERE amnd the resort reports HERE

kath x
Hi Callygirl,
Not sure if your going all inclusive or not so not sure what meals they serve up, however i don't believe that there is anyone out there that is more of a picky eater than myself, should you venture out of the hotel in search of food you will find more restaurants that cater for the british end of the market than for the Turkish end of the market. you can really get anything that you want to eat, and I mean anything picky or not.

:wink: Kev
Hi Kath, thanks very much for that. there seems to be some very encouraging reviews and some not quite so, but they seem to be fom return visitors who perhaps remember how things "used to be" as I have never stayed there before i have nothing to compare to so i'm trying to be confident that I wont be disappointed. Thanks very much for your help. :glynis
Hi Kev, yes we are going all inclusive. we normally go on self catering or B&B hols so that we are not tied to the hotel but this was a great deal so I decided to try it out. My son really is a very picky eater so I thought I had perhaps better cover all eventualities if possible. I am intending to take plenty of spending money anyway, just in case we end up going farther afield every day. I have read that the pool snack bar offers burgers and chips so if all else fails, we will be tied to that place all day!!. yikes!!....hope not!!.
Any other advice you or anyone else can give about anything to do with the resort would be really appreciated.
Thanks very much for your help. :glynis
There are plenty of places in Olu that serve Pide which is a pizza with cheese or a mince mixture.

Cheese on toast for the young 'un, no problem. Baked beans and you're away.

It's one of the cheapest meals around as well.
Hi Parky45, He doesnt actually like Baked beans but cheese on toast is always a big hit. I was starting to regret booking this holiday :whoops as i had visions of him starving all week. He isnt really over keen on holiday choice this time but think that has more to do with the fact that so far I haven't seemed to find an Aqualand close by. I think there is one at Lyciaworld (not sure if the names correct) but I do believe that its for residents only. I am still trying to explore what to do while we are there. I dont want to venture too far afield as being a woman alone with a young son I dont want to be out extremely late at night in a strange place.
Anyway, many thanks for your help. :glynis
its not a massive place,,,,,,, my youngest is very similar, i always worry what hell eat,,he ate chicken nuggests, real chicken peices not rubbish, pizzas, even in the Buzz Bar he had a lovely pasta with a tomatoe sauce, i could have eaten it myself, there are sandwiches of all sorts,,,, shops selling biscuits and cake, a patisserie place,,,,, its a noshers paradise, hub had a rota spit chicken on the way from the beach once,,,, egg and chips, all sorts,
hope you enjoy it,,,,,, id think you were in good hands with the hotel?
Cally there is plenty to keep you busy in Olu and Im sure people will be only too pleased to make some suggestions as admitidly we dont tend to move far from the pool during the day where im sure you will find plenty going on . you will love it

The main beach isnt really suitable for Families . whilst stunningly beautiful it is hard going on the feet ,with lots of shingles/pebbles and drops quite sharply at the waters edge. Its very difficult getting out of the water when the waves are lapping your ankles and your feet are sinking. If you want to go to the beach i would suggest either walking further along to the lagoon or going to one of the private beaches. your hotel may have their own one but if not the owners of these beaches will collect /return you although they will expect you to make some purchases from their bar. sugar and saura (sorry spelling :oops: ) are 2 that spring to mind . when we stayed at the belcekiz there were boards out front of the hotel with phone numbers . You will also find them on the forums here somewhere.

There are also plenty of excursions. much cheaper to book with the street agents in town . Many dfifferent types of Jeep/truck Safaris ,the small water park in calis ( but it is small :( ), dalyan mud baths, horseriding , ghost village and plenty more including what olu Deniz is famous for , its paragliding .
oh and the shopping . lots of shops selling fake designer gear and markets at hisaronu or Fethiye for that as well.

Then theres the sea with a vast number of boats /snorkeling trips going off daily. This holiday will be as relaxing or energetic as you wish. Olu has a very relaxing , chilled out feel but at the same time you will never be bored there.

hope that helps a little
lyn
Hi Cally
I can only echo what the others said there is plenty to do and plenty of snack food to be found if you struggle in the hotel
I don't think you said how old your son is but I have been to Olu a few times with my daughters , youngest was 9 first time(lone adult) and I don't think I have ever felt safer when looking around in the evenings.Its a great place
Lally
Hi Hilda, many thanks for your reply. I am starting to feel a litle less nervous now about the whole eating thing, only thing that I didnt think of earlier is that we are flying out on Good Friday next year and a bit worried now that not everything will be open.
Also, i was wondering, i have read as many posts on the visa thing as i can at the moment and it doesnt actually state whether the airport peope will accept Northern Irish banknotes????, i live in Northern Ireland and we have so many different notes here, I can get English, thats not a real prob but was just wondering if you know or anyone else does?. Hmmmm...... so many things to think about, i know its ages away but i always like to be organized.....SUPER organized!! :shock:
Anyway, thanks for your help, any other suggestions are all appreciated. :glynis
Hi Lynwestie, many thanks for your reply and advice, i am in the process of saving all given advice so that i can print out all the relevent bits to take with me. My case will be full of paperwork!! :rofl just hope plenty of stuff is open, didnt think of that when I hastily booked....too busy trying to make sure I didnt miss out on a fab bargain, wondering now if it is such a bargain.
Many thanks for your reply. ~x~ :glynis
Hi Lally, many thanks for your reply. Actually my son will be 12 when we go, not that young I know but he does have certain immaturities and difficulties due to an Autistic Spectrum Disorder, maybe thats why I am always trying to be super efficient, hence all the running about now and we dont go until easter next year!!. I just like to think that I have covered all bases before i actually decide whether to go ahead and pay more money or just cut my losses now and forfeit my deposit only while its still far away.
Many thanks for your reply. :glynis
Callygirl,
OluDeniz is truly lovely. It is safe, friendly, beautiful and I am sure you and your son would have a wonderful time there.
Warm wishes
Giff.
hi cally girl,

olu is lovely, your don and yourself will love it there are so many places to eat if you dont want to stay at the hotel to eat, there's also an azda there too, walk towards the beach down the main street and its half way down on your right, down some steps and your at azda - great place to but the sweets and drinks etc or if you need to buy anything else, also you will need an english £10 note - place one inside each passport - DO NOT PLACE A £20 INSIDE ONE THINKING THEY WILL TAKE IT FOR TWO PEOPLE - THEY WONT.

as for LYKIA WORLD, yes its for residence staying there but i think you can have a day visit pass - not sure how much it cost either - or better still cancel your hotel and book lykia world, then you can choose which 19 pools you want to swim in !!!

I go to lykia world every year and yes you pay for it but it is a lot better as there are kids clubs too and the food - well hardly nobodys complains

gregg
pm if you want to know more
Hi Giff, I am sure we will have a great time, we usually do. anywhere away from here has to be a bonus!. Cant wait and we still have so long to go yet!.
Many thanks for your reply and warm wishes.
Hi Gregg, many thanks for the reply. I am sure I will PM you with many more questions just as soon as I figure out how to PM... lol!!
I have found that a day pass to Lykia world can be purchased but apparently it i only for if you have friends or relatives ets staying there..... Dratt!!, nobody I know is gonna be there!.
anyway, for now, thanks very much.
hi callygirl

If you want to visit a waterpark, there is one in ovacik which is about 10 mins away on the dolmus. It costs 2.5 lira each to get there, or a taxi costs around 10 lira.

Its not a massive water park, there are around 5 slides then a big orange one and a space bowl, my kids love it there. I think they also do free transfers as well if you go all day. We went from 3pm to 6pm which costs 15 lira each, and in my opinion that was long enough!! There are plenty of sunbeds there, but not many umbrellas and they are quite tightly packed together so not too comfortable. Its behind the Grand Ucel hotel, but its the only waterpark, so if you get on a dolmus marked Hisaronu/Ovacik and ask for the waterpark, they will tell u when to get off.

Enjoy Olu Deniz, its a great place, plenty to do for all ages, Hisaronu is also a good night out if you fancy a change and its only 5 mins away on the dolmus.

Sue
Hi Sue, many thanks for replying.
The water park at Ovacik seems sufficient for what we will need, after all, I dont intend spending all day doing this, its just something we may do if we need to. I intend to get out and about as much as possible taking in some day trips if we see anything that catches our eye.
I am not sure what will be open as we are going over Easter but I am hopeful that the holiday wont be too much of a disappointment to my son or myself.
You mentioned going into Hisoronu in the evening, is it easy enough to get a Dolmus or a taxi back?, I dont want to get there and find that we have stayed too long and cant get back!! lol!!.
Again, many thanks for your help. ~x~ :glynis
sorry to interupt, but it is easy to get a taxi there and back, also go to the gost town ( kayakoy ) just past hisaronu - you have to go thru hisaronu to get there !! take your swim stuff as there are places to swim if you buy a drink or meal
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.