Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi, we always take some turkish lira ant then english money in an assortment of cash and travellers cheques. There are many places to change money most restaurants, jewelers and shops have there exchange rates outside all much the same. There is a post office in olu, it is on the way to the lagoon, no banks but atm machines in both main streets. There are lots of lovely places to eat you will have a good choice every night. There is not a lot for children apart from in the hotels the pools and most of them organise some pool games ect.. The lagoon beaches are better for the youngest as the main beach shelves deeply and can be quite rough. There are trips the children and you will enjoy I would recomend the jeep safari it is really good day but be prepared to get wet, covered in mud at the mud baths and generally sprayed with water all day!! I'm sure your children will find others there own age to amuse them and your daughter will love the charm of the turkish lads mine did!! You will get offered camels for her but it is all fun they don't mean to offend.
Thanks for the quick reply. We go in 3 weeks and can't wait!

Juliet
Hi great infomation here for us not been to turkey before. Was wondering if anyone had been to the hotel alize in olu? Going there 20th june for 2 weeks all inclusive. Wondered what weather can be expected? the hotter the better for us. Thankyou
Hi,
Stayed here for 1 night last Oct. Hotel and pool area look nice and clean with meals served on the terrace by the pool.We only had breakfast which was buffet style and very nice. only a short stroll to the centre and beach. you should have a lovely holiday here, but Im biased as I love this area, you cant beat it ! :)
OLU
Hi, just to let you know this is a great report. It brought back memories of my fantastic holidays in Olu some years back. I had many good nights in the Cloud 9 bar which was where the paragliding folk gathered for a spot of dancing, drinking and many tales of great flights. We stayed at the Hotel Sun City which was so clean you could of eaten from the floor. We loved Turkey so much we did eventually buy there ansd so look forward to having long lazy but great hols. Keep up the good report Briars. Top reporter.
Dave t
Briar,do you still have the telephone numbers for the courtesy buses to the beaches? If so, please would you pm me. We are off to the Montobello Beach on 5th June. After reading these reports, it can't come
soon enough! Many Thanks.
Sandie
:D Hi

We off to Sun Club City on the 1st May for a week

Taking my 7yr grandson with us

Also my brother-in-law his wife and they 3yr grandson

This will be they 1st time abroad so they looking forward to it.

Heard loads of brilliant reports on Sun Club City

So cant wait :D

I'll put a report on on our return

Marion and Family x
:wave all
We went to Olu Deniz last June/July it was fantastic. You must go for a turkish bath on your first day there to set you up for a great tan. :wink:
The lagoon is wonderful and idyllic - there is a small fee to pay on entrance.
Cant wait to go back :fly
Celine2002uk

I'm sure you will love the Sun City.

Have a look at my review in the Hotel section - It gives you a lot of info on the place.

The entry to the private beach is free for Sun City (and a free shuttle bus), you get rolls served around 12-12:30 for free, the orange and lemon tang are free too and the canoes and pedalos!!

We spend a lot of days at the private beach as my Son enjoyed fishing there and it got us away from the VERY busy pool.

Enjoy!!!
Hi sandi
Im going back on the 5th may for a couple of weeks i'll try to get some numbers for you im back on the 20th
hope this helps
regards
john
Please can anyone remember how much is the small fee to go into the lagoon area? It would be helpful to know in English money as well as local currency as I haven't got my head round Turkish money yet. Presumably you have to pay for kids as well as adults?
Are sunbeds and parasols covered by the fee or do you have to pay for them on top? Presumably extra as well, also interested in cost of this if any one can remember?
:thanks to anyone who replies.
:wave Doepsmc

I think the charge for the Lagoon was about 50 - 60pence our money, about 1.5 lira. Adults and children have to pay.

The daily paper states the rate is 2.23 turkish lira today to our pound, so really cheap for entrance fee.

Yes, you do have to pay extra for the sunbeds and parasols. My husband and I think it was about 12 liras for 3 beds and a parasol. (don't quote me on that one :roll: ) We both agreed straight off that it was 3 liras each for beds and parasols, but it may have changed this year.

At least you have a rough idea on cost.

Sorry, we could not give a definitive answer.

Kind regards
kazee :D
Thanks Kazee. :wave

You're very helpful as always. I know it's only a small point but I like to know these sorts of things if possible.
You are very welcome :D

gald to be of assistance :wink:

kazee
:oops: oops can't spell but you know what I mean :lol:

kazee
Just looked through the kids scrapbook - 3 beds and 1 brolly 12 lira at both the lagoon proper and Suara beach. Couldn't see anything to do with the entrance price to the lagoon but agree with Kake it was around 50 - 60p each.Prices for drinks were reasonable but we didn't eat at either . Too full from brekkie 8)
Sorry, I'm about six posts behind - but thanks Briar & John!

Whilst I'm here - anyone know if the Montobello Beach has a laundry service- or failing that is there a laundry in Olu? I'm always determined to travel light but it never seems to work out. If I know I can get some washing done, it might encourage me not to pack so much!
e mail for montebello beach

info@montebellobeach.com
Thanks for that Dorothy.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.