Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Excellent report Briar. I am thinking of going to Olu Deniz this year, how far is it from Fetihiye and Hisaronu ( by dolmus). The Blue Star looks really nice, is it as nice and clean as it looks on the web site ?

Thanks

Brian

edit - spelling
As always, a brilliant report Nette - Thanks :sun
Hello Briarskeg :D

No you have NOT bored anyone Briars this is a excellent post very informative for many a people like me I'm sure who have never been to Turkey but who are going this year :D

Briar how far is Olu from Iclemer ?

We are going to Icmeler in August and was wandering if it's near to Icmeler then maybe a bus ride to Olu to check the Town out for future reference. Or is it many miles apart.

Once again thankyou for the information above and happy you had a great time :wink:

Regards,

TIMUK.
Hello Briars thank's for the reply :wink:

Ohwell was worth asking about but going by what you say it's miles away maybe another time then :wink:

I have booked the whole 2 weeks in Iclemer through JT so I will have to stay there Briars :D

No worries and once again Thankyou for the info :wink:

Regards,

TIMUK.
Hello Briars
thank you for your report as my sister and I are going to Oula next friday (our first time in Turkey) after reading your report can't wait to get there. We will be stsying at the Tulip Hotel and haven't been able to find any reports on it??? Am back 4th June so will write a report then. Again thanks for your report a great help.
Regards
Marief36
Great report Briar.
:D
Bridd
Hi Briar
thanks for the info and yes would be grateful for the phone numbers. We have booked through "Jewel in The Crown" and flying with Exel Airways used them before a number of times always had first class service with them. After finding this site will do my own booking of hotels next time.
regards Marie
Thanks Briar,
forgot to ask if we will need mozzie cream? only 4 days to go *****
Brilliant report Briar. You captured our holiday wonderfully. I will put a full report in within the next few days of my findings too - but I don't think I can add a great deal more because you have said it all. We all had a brilliant holiday didn't we though and I just wish we were still there ....... what I wouldn't do to be laid on Bob's or Joseph's beach now!!!!!

Olu Deniz was just perfect and the Blue Star Hotel was a wonderful hotel, spotlessly clean (the cleanest Turkish hotel I have ever stayed in) and I cannot reccomend this hotel enough. But like I say, I will post my full report on our holiday in the next few days.

Sonesta
Excellent - glad you guys enjoyed yourselves again :tup
Hi,
Just reading this report and getting excited as we are going on 2 July and just love it there. This will be our 3rd visit to Olu Deniz.

By the way, you can ask your hotel reception to call the number for the lift to Suara beach. They will collect you and take you back again. GREAT

We stay at the Turquoise Hotel, which is really nice with a huge swimming pool. Its tucked right back, a good walk to the beach but it nestles at the foot of the mountains and as is lovely and quiet.
Wendfd
[/img]
Hi Briar, Sorry for belated reply.
We book through Tulip Holiday (Teletex number) Our week in July is costing £279 per person B&B with transfers & inflight meals. I don't think you could do it cheaper DIY. I have thought about it but the flights must cost £140 each transfer say £15.

I do recommend the Turquoise. It has a lovely big pool thats not usually overcrowded, hardly any kids there. They serve lovely cakes with coffee in the afternoon. Staff are all great, Lush gardens all around. We can hardly tear ourslves away to go down to our favourite beaches.
Can't wait ....
Cheers
WEND
hi all thats off to olu deniz i went there in 98 what a lovely place the logoon was very nice . i stayed in hotel ucel good hotel. plenty of buses just stick your hand out they stop i think it was hisanoru i might of stayed but it wasnt far from every thing plenty of transport we often went to rovers return for meal very busy but you get served fast . recommend olu deniz to any one . i going back to turkey this year just changed my holiday from bulgaria i was going to royal park but to much hassle i was booked for a year.never mind turkey here we come great in the mud baths you must do it......oneilly
Many thanks! This is exactly the kind of information we are looking for, thanks for taking the trouble!
Do you know anything about the Montebello Beach Hotel?
Dioch!
I'm Turkish and never really been to Oludeniz (yeah, I know, but there are sooo many great places to go to in Turkey...), but after reading such great posts on this forum, I might try it next year. 8)
I am going to Olu on Monday! Does anyone know about the Belcekiz Beach Hotel, please? Only staying B&B, so good restaurants in the vicinity, too, would be helpful.... :?
Thanks
Hi! New Member...but was reading reports on prices etc for holidays. We are going out on 4th July for one week to Tolay Hotel in Hisaronu. Been to this small hotel twice before. Booked with Goldtrail. I have read the bad reports in HolidaysUncovered...but never had a problem with them before! One of my sons is out there now...paid £209 for TWO weeks (could have got it for £199 but that was returning to Gatwick on Monday morning..and he has to be back at work!) We are going out on a later flight that same night for one week...same hotel...and paid £159 per person. As we return a week later...my sister goes out (12th July) and is paying £179 pp! Tolay small family run hotel...off the main drag in Hisaronu (turn down beside jewellers....Hakuna Matatta bar on rhs....keep going and down the track! Mail me if you need any more information. Afraid Hisaronu is one of those resorts that pulls you back again and again! Usually travel to Goa in Jan/Feb and Turkey in summer months!
Please can someone assure me that the coach transfer just might not be as bad as some of the reports I have read? I have no worries about flying, but coaches and mountainous roads, steep drops and no barriers, and fast drivers and bad lighting,,,, etc etc are just getting to me now. I didn't realise when I booked for Olu Deniz, just knew the place was reported as very scenic and has a beautiful beach nearby.
HELP!! :? I rang Thomsons and they read out their safety policy, but I thought if I could hear from a passenger or two, who have had GOOD experiences, then I might feel a lot happier. :)
CAN YOU HELP???
I've been to Olu Deniz 5 times now I think, and done the transfer each time. It's not that bad. Sit on the left side of the bus and dont look out. In my experience the buses dont go very fast. It's mostly low-gear stuff.

Bridd
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.