Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Olympic Holidays
15 Posts
Hello

I was booked to go to Zante from newcastle on 6th Aug
We have been told by Olympic Holidays that they have cancelled our flight with 3 weeks to go.

The flight itself is operated by Excell airways who are still operating it but Olympic must of cancelled their seats on this aircraft as Olympic are not using it for the rest of the season

They have given us flights on a thomas cook charter leaven at 11.20 pm (we were due to fly at 11.10am) arriving in Zante at 4.30am. Then flying home at 5.55am a full 18 hours after we have checked out of our rooms. They wont pay for a late check out room or to reserve seats on the thomas cook flight. They have offered us compensation of £15 each totalling £60. Any advice please
Give Ros a ring for some free advice.

We have teamed up with Ros Fernihough, Travel Law Solicitor, to provide the best information available.

Ros has offered our members free impartial legal advice. Please note that Ros does not read or post on this board any contact to her must be made via :-

Tel :- 01922 621114
Hi Olympic have changed my flights to cyprus coming home i was ment to land at Glasgow now Going to manchester :bhead can they do this . colin
Hello.
I am new. Havingread some of the postings I amgetting a bit concerned about the holiday to Rhodes I booked only last night on the internet with this company last night.

Has anyone else ever booked with them ?
How secure is my booking ?

Also I syupidly paid the deposit not with my credit card but with my visa debit card. How safe would be my money and also: would I remedy the situation if I paid the balance by credit card ?

Thank you all.
regards
Nino54
Hello nino :wave

What are your concerns regarding Olympic ?

Olympic is a large well know travel company that is fully ABTA & ATOL bonded so any money paid to them is safe.

Like all travel operators they will have some complaints made by customers, it is normal that you tend to read more about the complaints than the good on forums, if everything is OK customers don't often post to say how good a holiday they had.

If there is anything specific that is worrying you just mention it on here and I am sure somebody can put your mind at rest.

Have a great time in Rhodes

Graham
We have booked our Oct 2007 wedding in Pphos through olympic holidays. The call centre is not much help. The girls in the wedding office are usually quite good - when you manage to get through.
Met with an Olympic wedding rep whilst out in Paphos last year and she was fantastic, she couldn't have done more for us.
Hi,
does anyone know when Olympic start selling their 2008 holidays?
Sally
Sally
I guess it depends where you want to go - you can book for Goa Jan 2008 NOW.

Olympic Call Centre tel no is 0870 429 4141
or email them at enquiries@olympicholidays.com

Polly
Just booked my hol in Ovacik for may next year.Very good deal and decent price for my XL Flights too.Just wondered if anyone have used olympic holidays before.Its my first time using them
We went to Corfu earlier this year with Olympic & have 2 holidays to Goa booked with them for November 07 & February 08.

We've been to Goa with them twice before.

We've never had any problems, the on-line booking process is easy, the tickets arrive in the post in plenty of time, the accommodation has always been as described, the greeting at the arrival airport has always gone OK.

Can't comment on the reps as we have never had to use them for any reason.

Polly
two things:
1. anyone heard about olympic trying to sell the business?
2. a friend has had her olympic holiday changed twice! she booke a twin centre Ithaca and Kefalonia. Then she had it changed to a twin centre ON Kefalonia NOW her 1st week changed again but not back to Ithaca but to a different accomodation.

anyone else had this problem? can she do anything? If she cancels has she a leg to stand on?
Hi Greekofile

To answer your first question - absolutely not. Olympic are one of the few remaining independant TO's and want to keep it that way.

Re the changes. They could be out of the control of Olympic, like flight or ferry schedules changing or no longer having a contract with certain accomodation. What reasons were given for the changes? Is she going to a like for like resort/accomodation?

Ask her to have a look at the T & C's in the back of the brochure or on the website in the 'If We Make Changes' section to see what applies to her. I'm not really sure how it works in the Greek islands & with twin centre hols.

Louby
We had no problems with our 2 holidays to Goa, which were with Olympic (apart from delays on Monarch flights which were beyond Olympic's control).

We booked 2 weeks in Zante for late May with Olympic, the tickets arrived last Friday, no changes from what we booked.
We've always been happy with Olympic, they have some good deals, I hope they manage to stay independent.

I hope Greekofile lets us know the reasons for the change in the friend's holiday and the outcome.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.