Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
When they rang you did they not ask you if you were okay to accept the flight change? They rang my friends(well me as I had paid on my CC for them) and asked us if we would accept a change to departure airport.

Their argument will probably be that you accepted the change, on another note they could claim that for the price they could not provide that flight afterall(not a live system and all that).

If it were me I would keep on at them morning, noon and night until you have an answer one way or another. I have got to admit that I think that the chances of you getting your money back are very low indeed and your best bet would be to throw all energy into trying to get in touch with them.
I have been browsing this site for months and I dont understand why people are still booking with this company. They have been complained about seemingly endlessly and yet you still book with them?
Take a hint and stop going over old ground!
They are obviously not very good, or is it that they are cheap I wonder?
*Received the standard phone call from OTB on Monday night telling my flight had been moved from 10.40am to 6.pm, i wasn't given an option of cancelling just told that it had moved so basically tough luck*

I'm thinking OTB wasn't exactly truthful here saying your flight has been moved. The flight remains the same AND you have been moved off it.

Perhaps you should email OTB at the special email they put up on HT. Best of luck.

Cheers Geri
Here is the email address forums@otbeach.com

Cheers Geri
Well, i kept phoning and phoning and eventually got a result. They have cancelled my booking and i have received a full refund!
but what a lot of stress.
i did get them to admit that the girl on the phoned lied about the status of the original flight i booked, they couldn't really deny it.
anyway if anyone needs to phone On the Beach the use this number 0161 448 4600 - i found it on 192.com and it is much cheper than 10p a minute.
i have now rebooked the exact holiday with Thomas Cook direct, including the flight i wanted.
On the Beach? never again!!!!
Wow that's a result, I am glad that you are sorted.
I hope you got the cancellation in writing as I seem to remember that another member was told her holiday with OTB was cancelled only to find it wasn't after she re-booked elsewhere.
yep, cancellation confirmation by email including confirmation of a full refund of £885 to go back onto my card.
my advice to anyone else dealing with them- Never Give Up, always get a name and ring the 0161 number :)
I bet you are so relieved - just look forward to your holiday now and try to forget about them!
Congratulations :tup Would like to say though that OTB don't seem to have dragged their heels sorting this problem out for you. Your initial complaint was made on Tues and by Thursday you've received a full refund with the money to your card. Not bad going, judging by some of the complaints we read on here :tup
i booked a holiday with OTB in Dec 08. In Feb 09 my husband had blown 2 disks in his back so badly he needed spinal fusion. When we found out when he was getting this op we were told he could not fly at the time of our holiday so i called and tried to change dates for before his op but no avail. So i had no choice but to cancel in may, then in June, then in July not to mention the numerous phone calls.

They took out the full balance of my holiday which they knew we could not go on. They told me they didn't get my emails then i was to late to cancel and now there saying i didn't confirm my cancellation. I cant believe that they did it knowing how worried and stressed i was about my husband they couldn't care less.

I'm looking for help with this as I'm going to fight it all the way. Any advice is gratefully received i have contacted ts and BBC watchdog so i invite OTB to explain themselves and how its ok to do that to me ?
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2009-08-27 18:16:53
    Edit to punctuate so post reads easier
I take it that you did not write to them to cancel. Email might be an easy option but technology being what it is, it is quite possible that they did not get your email.

Have you contacted your insurers? You were insured?

May I suggest you send an email to this address - forums@otbeach.com - setting out the details. Mention HT in your email and ask them to investigate.

fwh
HI FWH THANK YOU FOR ADVICE I DID EMAIL THEM MANY TIMES , I EVEN SENT THEM ALL EMAILS WE SENT ALSO TO TRADING STANDARDS BUT THEY SAID I DID NOT CONFIRM MY CANCELLATION WHICH I DID BY EMAIL AND BY PHONE BUT THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED. I WILL TAKE YOUR ADVICE AND PUT AN EMAIL ON THE SITE YOU SAID AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS BUT IM NOT HOLDIN MY BREATH, ANY MORE ADVICE WOULD BE GRATEFUL. THANK YOU
Please would you mind not posting in capital letters as (1) it makes it very hard for me to read, (2) I believe that it's the netiquette way of shouting and (3) it's in the T&C of the site not to post this way! Thanks.
Thanks for the tip didnt even notice i was doing it soz.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.