Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
On the beach
11 Posts
Hi and welcome to HT!

Rather than using their expensive number, use this alternative number 0161 448 4621 for Customer Services/Aftersales
Had this company in the shortlisted names for our holiday. Their websites seems pretty good; but after speaking to them found things to be unorganised and people less keen in my business; no timely call backs or emails. I am not entirely satisfied and certain of having a worry free holiday with tem. now reading all sorts of complaints about them has taken them off my list.
I eventually got my letter after leaving several posts on thier facebook page. What annoys me is how they are amazingly quick to process your booking and take your money but horrendous when theres a problem. It os practically impossible to get through on the phone, so what happens if you are stuck abroad and need their help??
I wont be booking with them again, no matter what price.
We also had a bad experience with on the beach customer service. I have used them before with no problems and this year had no problems with our double room at the Blue Star, Olu Deniz, but our daughter had bad service. She had booked a room for two adults, a four year old and a baby, when the confirmation came of the booking only said two adults, one child, this was queried with on the beach three times as wanted a cot for the baby, they replied that they don't mention infants on invoice as they are free but there would definitely be a cot on arrival.

Well arrived at the hotel at 12.30 am with two very tired children and shown to a tiny room with just two small single beds between the four of them! Went back to reception and they said nothing they could do until morning as on the beach had not informed them of infant, and other four year old would have to share the single beds by pushing them together, well a joke. In the end got a cot from them squeezed into the room, pushed beds together and two adults and child in there.

Next morning manager said no infant had been booked and their mistake no bed for four year old, but they had no rooms that would take them all in the hotel. Rang in resort rep and he spoke to me said sorry I have left the company yesterday so can't help. Rang on the beach in England call cost me £25 lady took my mobile number and said would get back to me and they would contact in resort rep to come and help us. Well never heard from them again and nor did hotel.

We managed to arrange with the manager that they could move to a slightly bigger room move all the furniture and squeeze in the cot and a small mattress on the floor for their son, so this is how they had to spend their holiday luckily the hotel was helpful, on the beach did not care.

We decided on this as could not afford to keep ringing England office at that price.

Now I will write to them and complain.
lady
it looks like the hotel itself did not deal properly with the mistake they admitted they had made. No wonder they were "helpful". The son deserved more from them than a small mattress on the floor. It must have really put a dampner on the holiday.
Lady, send your letter recorded delivery :tup
Thanks Glynis I will!

Fiona the hotel did forget the third bed, but on the beach never informed them there were two children and needed a cot and a bed. They showed me the booking they received from the people on the beach booked with and it only said 2 adults, 1 child. The room would just about fit a small put up bed but not a cot as well so it was more important for the baby to have the cot and squeezed a mattress in for my grandson. Hope that makes sense!
On the beach have apologised to my daughter and paid half the holiday amount back to her, which we thought was fair of them.
Thanks for the update. I really is appreciated.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.