Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Where we are in Bogmalo all the bars/restaurants we use stay open all year round.Joets,Coconut Creek, Claudis,Full Moon so it's not too bad.Very quiet though.

John
just a note Angelina from FOOTPRINTS TRAVEL CO is opening a new place called TRAVELBAR opposite Tatkar ice factory Calangute/baga border (Nr Le fenice) on the 1st june, as well as catering for your travel needs there will be a cafe for light snacks, sandwiches, salads coffee etc and a bar, the concept is while you wait for your travel arrangements to be sorted etc you can relax and have a coffee/drink bite to eat.
Hi, if your staying in or around the calangute baga Arpora area, try the Ruchira Satyaheera Hotel /restaurant in Mapusa, its located next to the temple opposite the Hanaman Cinema, just off the roundabout. The restarant is situated on the top floor and has A.C. and non A.C. dining areas, the food, staff, and service is excellent, clean and very good prices . .We use it all year round and when our friends are over they would rather go there than anywhere else...They even do take-away...
welcome to HT Anrol. Now you've taken the first step of posting I hope its the first of many :)
HI, this is my first visit to the Goa forum. I was wondering if this was a suitable destination for a hol during the school summer hols. I presume from the gist of this thread that it will be the monsoon season. Am I correct? Do any TO's do package hols here in August and if so what sort of weather can I expect. Thanks very much.
:rofl Shirl are you thinking of becoming one of us goa lovers ??I dont think you can go to goa in Aug but one of the others will know better ...........colleen
Hi Shirley :wave:
There are no charter flights to Goa, in the summer months, so no package holidays. Some resorts still get domestic tourists, like Colva, so Hotels and Restaurants remain open, but no Shacks.
Unless you are prepared for lots of heavy rain, and rough seas, don't give it a thought, not to mention flooding and power cuts. :(
Thanks Lassigirl, I thought that might be the case. Hi Joanne, it's reading comments about your holidays (and Lassigirl's and Gemma's) that got me thinking about it as a new destination. Helen T and I are throwing around a few ideas for next summer- Looks like Goa's going to go to the bin for now though. As the flight's quite long I wouldn't fancy it for just a week and the only other time I can fit a decent length holiday in. is in August. Oh well, not to worry.
There isn't much open in the Candolim area, Cinnabar @ acron arcade, Shivers opp kingfisher villa [ lovely restaurant] and Cactus, In the main Calangute area most places stay open,

Lin
ANOTHER ONE IN CANDOLIM WHICH IS ON THE BEACH AT THE BOTTOM OF BEACH ROAD IS SUNNY SIDE , A GREAT PLACE TO SIT AND WATCH THE SEA CRASHING IN, AS MENTIONED FISHERMANS COVE NEAR HIGHLAND BEACH, BOM SUCCESSO SHIVERS ( GREAT QUIZ NIGHT EVERY OTHER THURSDAY STARTING 19TH JUNE 7.30PM ) J29 OPEN FOR THE FOOTBALL, CACTUS,ALL IN CANDOLIM AREA AND IN CALANGUTE BUBBLES NEW BAR NEAR THE MARKET, PALM TREE OPP PUBLIC BAR, WHY NOT, CORRIN'S CORNER AND OF COURSE MOLLY MALONES.

HOPE THEY KEEP YOU BUSY, I KNOW THEY DO FOR ME.

BYE FOR NOW

MIKE :tup
Found Sunnyside up today what a lovely place, good food, great service and a lovely view even when its raining, thanks mike R :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.