Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Re: Onur Air ..
760 Posts
Found out yesterday our nice daytime Onur Air flight on Friday 3rd October now cancelled. Offered one on Saturday 4th at 8.00 at night so will arrive at hotel in the middle of the night which is what we wanted to avoid. Luckily travel agent has managed to alter our hotel booking and transfers to fit in with changed time. Only consellation is that we get a better flight back!!

The reason we had chosen this holiday was because of reasonable flights!!

Looks like this is going to be the norm so beware. :(
I had an email to say that my flight has been changed, i am now flying out on the 9th September not the 10th luckily it doesn't effect me or my friend and i have had confirmation from Goldtrail that the hotel booking has been changed also.

Ola
I have sent Dazbo5 , a pm with a few questions, but thought I had best also post here.

I am due to fly with Onur on this week, I am so scared as I have read so many awful things about this airline, I have flown a lot, and have never given it a second thought before, but now I am trying to book with another airline, but cannot get any flights.
My concerns are purely flight safety, I am not bothered about food/in fight movies, etc. I just want to take off and land in one piece and without my kids being scared by oxygen mask dropping, emergency landings and hearing rattling noises and burning smells, Is onur really this bad?

I have also read elsewhere passengers complaining that there is no air conditioning, is this true?

Any recent positive feedback would be greatly welcomed.

Many thanks,

Julie

Edit, whilst posting, I recieved a pm back from Dazbo5, what an asset he is to this forum, Thankyou Daren.
Thanks to everyone who replied on my thread. Will show my husband what you are all saying. Still welcome any comments on Onur Air.
great airline came back this morning - good leg-room, no food or entertainment, good flight - stef
Hi

Read the reviews regarding buying of cigs, but still a bit confuserd

Is it "BEST" to buy in UK (Luton) airport on departure

OR

On the flight (Onur Air) out to Turkey?

Thanks

John
PS
We had our flights changed from decent morning (UK departure) time to evening time - NOT HAPPY!
Gateshead61,

Don't quote me on this, but the last time I flew OHY the cigarettes on board were very cheap.

Darren
I fly out in 2 weeks time, i haven't received any flight tickets, and also i have read on here that they email you tickets? they haven't got my email address so how can they do this?
HELP!
goochk,

Welcome onbaord :wave:
It might be worth phoning whoever you booked your flights with to check.

Darren
We've travelled with Onur for the last two years and they were reliable enough although I found the legroom very tight. Our only beef this year was that they've done away with the free hot meals and soft drinks and replaced them with what they describe as 'a reasonably priced buffet service'. In reality this means sandwiches at £6 and cokes etc at £2.40. We're talking Dalaman Airport prices. At least the luggage allowance is still 20kg
Flying Edinburgh to Dalaman next Tuesday with Onur Air, any idea what type of plane,seat pitch etc?
Jula,

What are your flight numbers?

Darren
Sorry, they are OHY3415 & 3416
Jula,

OHY3416/5 are currently operated by an Airbus A321-200. All the aircraft information is on this thread.

Darren
Just come back from Bodrum with Onur. They have very uncomfortable seats there is hardly any padding at all and look very worn. I also found it strange they did not take any kind of debit or credit cards, nearly got caught out on that one. We were on an Airbus 300 and they only had one trolley for the 38 rows on our side and it took nearly 2 hours for it to reach us ( on row 38 ). I asked the attendant if he could go down the aisle and get our order for us ! At least the Efes was cold which is not always the case on other airlines but as usual the drinks and food were expensive. We were delayed 50 mins outbound and on time coming back so not too bad there. We had the the seats where there were just 2 by the window which was good and the leg room was good too. Probably most worrying was that literally 2 mins from landing they were still serving duty free goods and they had a real scramble to get the trolley away and seated before landing. In fact two flight attendants did not make it and on landing they were jogging down the aisle - expected them to go flying down the plane. There were a few worried faces around and I think the CAA would have to something to say if they found out.

Overall I would still go with them again, the prices were good and I could put up with the negatives about the flight.
Flew with Onur on 1st August Manchester to Dalaman on a modern clean A321 aircraft, comfortable modern seats with more leg room than Thomas Cook and Flyjet. Flight was 15 minutes late into Dalaman. Drink prices were the same as BMI, £3 for a can of beer. Safety demo was via overhead screens firstly in Turkish then in English, attendents were polite and took the appropiate seating at the exits during landing and taking off. Cigarettes were £23 (€28) for 400 Silkcut, £28 for 400 Marlboro, price changed slightly on the return due to exchange rate change, they convert from Euros. Excellent flight the best I have been on to Dalaman. Overall 9/10

Return flight on the 18th was again an A321 but slightly older, seat pitch was more cramped. One toilet out of action at the front but the other one and three at the back were all OK. Safety done the old fashioned way by aircrew and you had to listen carefully as the English was not that good. Again purchased 400 Silkcut, this time £24, paid by credit card, wouldn't accept Maestro. Flight arrived into Manchester 10 minutes late overall 6/10.

Would I use them again, yes definatley (booked for 2009), they are value for money if you get the tickets when they first go on sale.

Are they safe, in my opinion yes, the CAA wouldn't let them fly if they weren't.

Dave
hehe random question I know Onur Air dont do entertainment but they do have screens for the safety video i was just wandering do they play adverts throughout the flight? just I like to look at something
lukee0705,

The screens on the A321's are used for the safety briefing only. The screens on the A300B4's are used for the briefing and odd aircraft have a skymap facility. They didn't play adverts the last time I flew with them.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.