Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Re: Onur Air ..
760 Posts
Aww thats a shame I've never seen it with a route map up be quite interesting.

Whata geek! hehe!
we had it showing for around the last hour on the homebound flight :tup nothing going out :cry
Just stumbled across this forum...looks very informative so i joined immediately!
Couple of questions someone can maybe help with....Two 50(ish) women flying from Glasgow to Bodrum with Onur Air (!!) at the end of September, flight no OHY756. Any idea of the type of aircraft? Not that i'm a buff or anything, but seems the A321 is more comfy then the A300.....and at our age you have to hope!

Also....got married (again) a few months ago, and my friend who booked the flights booked my ticket in my new married name, though passport is still in old name! Am told i can travel with old passport and new marriage certificate, but passport agency advises against this cos i may be refused entry?
Got years left on my passport so dont really want to change yet, cos i have to lose the remaining years and pay in full for a new one- £72. Besides, i like the photo on my old passport, but not so keen on what i see in the mirror these days! But to change name on ticket is about £50 i'm told!

Finally.....anyone got info on gulluk? Booked a private rental apartment, happy with that, but what of restaurants, bars, day trips on a gulet - from gulluk or bodrum?

Gonna shut up now before i get boring! :cheers :rofl
Kirrie,

Welcome onboard :wave:

There aren't any logs for OHY756 at the moment but it should be an Airbus A321-200, it normally is. To be on the safe side, I would get your passport updated with your new name (congratulation by the way :tup ). You are allowed 'resonable time' to get your name changed, eg if you are off on honeymoon a day or two after the wedding it's not possible to get the name changed so you take the marriage certificate as proof. However in your case, you've had reasonable time to get it changed, ie a couple of months so I would renew it to be on the safe side. You don't want to get to Bodrum and face not being allowed in to the country. There's a dedicated thread over on the General Holiday Enquiries forum all about passports.

Darren
New passport = new pic.... :yikes But thanks for your welcome and superfast reply!! Going to go look at the passport page, then see if i can find something on Gulluk. Chose it cos its smallish and close to the airport!

:)
Hi Kirrie .. welcome to HTs. For further info and discussion about Gulluk, you would be best checking out our TURKEY forum.

David :wave
LOL , Me too
I hate looking at nothing !!!!!!
Hi just joined the forum thought it was very informative and looks like theres some good info on here.

Im due to flight from manchester - dalaman on the 4th september and im getting a little worried as i've been checking flights this week and nearly every flight has a severe delay of like 10 hours+

Does anyone have any info or views about onur air? Most of the reviews i've read are a little negative and im getting worried that its going to spoil my holiday. The reason being is that we have a 3 hour trip from my house to manchester airport and it would be a real pain to find out we've been delayed for like 10+ hours.

Thanks in advance!
hi Tamara and welcome to HT :wave:

We have recently flown with Onur gatwick-Bodrum 1-14 august . Booked the flights very cheaply and feared the worst but I have to say we were extremely pleased although this may vary by airport . check in was a breeze (the desks were all open 3 hours prior despite ticket saying 2) More or less Left on time both ways , arriving home half an hour early on the return despite on our flight out many of the usual T/O flights having delays .
Ok they are a no frills airline ,meaning no food on plane , just expensive snacks (take some rolls and crisps) and no entertainment but I wasnt worried in the slightest about that as long as our flights went on time and got us there safely .

So all in all a big thumbs up for Onur and Aegean flights from me and we would have no hestitation in booking with them again if the price was good

lyn
My friend is flying with onur Air from Edinburgh to Dalaman on 9 september. The flight out is ok, but they've just cancelled the return flight on 23 September! They cant bring her back for another 3 days...great, but she has no extra holidays to take, and their hotel is not sure if they can accommodate anyway for the extra time, her agent is trying to sort it out, offered return to Glasgow - at extra cost!! - but her car will be in edinburgh. :que

I'm concerned now cos our Onur air flight is 27 september from Glasgow to Bodrum....will keep you posted! :(
Flying out of Luton on the 10th September

Are the tickets "usually" posted out please?

John
We booked our with aegeanflights and our came via Email as an E ticket

lyn
I am flying out on the 9th but my flights were booked through Goldtrail and i received mine on Saturday 30th August.

Ola
lynie you said your tickets came through as email tickets yet we booked with aegean and ours came through the post :que

1 week 2 days :)
Does anyone know if you can have a handbag and handluggage on a Onur flight. I know that you can have a handbag now when flying from Gatwick but XL still insist on the one piece of hand luggage. Does anyone know the situation with Onur.

Ola
re hand luggage, I flew with onur last night, Bodrum to London Gatwick, I had hand luggage and my handbag (although if I had of been asked , my handbag would have gone inside my hand luggage, but saying that, the family checking in before me where told their hand luggage was to big and too heavy (all depends what check in staff you get ).

My views on Onur

After reading how they had been blacklisted for 1 month a few years ago, I was so worried about flying with them, however both out going and in coming flights were safe BUTI was discussed by the airline, it wasn't the fact there were no telly's or food but the fact the cabin crew were so dam rude, passengers were not greeted, the crew do not smile and as said in a previous post they just shut the curtain and stay behind it for most of the flight.

On my return flight last night, after waiting ages to use the toilet, as the crew had blocked both ends of the plane with their duty free trolleys, I finally got to the toilet, to realise I could smell smoke, I told another passenger who then informed me when she boarded her out bound flight a week prior the crew were smoking behind the curtain as people were boarding.

We had a hugh cockroach jumping about the plane, cabin crew were informed but they didn't care, so passengers were left to deal with it.
On another visit to the toilet I had to pull open the curtain to get to the toilet, only to discover the pilots door was wide open with a female cabin crew chatting to them.

I do not wish to put any one off flying with Onur, as if I had to I would fly with them again, I do feel they are as safe as any other airline to fly with, it's just the fact basically you are flying without cabin crew.
any info on this airline - have been hearing bad things and i travel with these on friday - have spoke to people who ahe flown with them but i am now resding lots of hoorror stories HELP
  • Edited by David 2008-09-02 20:52:07
    Merged with existing topic, which should provide you with lots of feedback.
flying with onuair 12th sept from birmingham- flight noumber ohy619 whats the plane like?
i know there are a few experts on this thread! someone must know!!
crumpet x
Getting the runaround big time from UKTravelshop who I booked with

Been told today that I am now TOD - no big deal

But two different lots of flight number

Outbound OHY2654/OHY4498
Inbound OHY2653/OHY4497

Not sure if it makes a difference but rang Goldtrail up as the Onur Air flights have been booked with them by the TA

Goldtrail said ring the TA (UKTravelshop) who at the best of times are very hard to understand and to make yourself understood!

A very confused

John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.