Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
P&O Arcadia
68 Posts
Hi David & Chelsie,
Unfortunately we aren't sailing on the Arcadia until December 2005, but she looks amzing on the P & O website and we're really looking forward to it.
Hope your able to post a review on your return.
Have a wonderful time,
Mick & Sue
Arcadia on course for April launch

P&O Cruises' £200 million new ship Arcadia is on course to be named next month before starting its inaugural series of cruises.

The 1,958-passenger ship - the company's first to be purpose-built for the UK cruise market - is due to be named at a ceremony in Southampton on April 12 and will enter service two days later.

P&O reports high levels of interest in the new vessel, with almost 80% of its sailings already sold for 2005.

Arcadia will have 984 cabins, including 685 offering their own balconies, 73 outside cabins and 218 inside. Modern British cuisine will be featured with celebrity chef Gary Rhodes creating one of the six restaurants on board.

The ship's maiden cruise departs on April 14 to the Mediterranean.

With permission from Travelmole
I've just won a 15 night Caribbean classic cruise on the Arcadia :pele :shock: am still in shock :D
cant believe it :shock:

counting down to feb next year now

first time cruising so ANy tips will be very very welcome :P
Hi ozziebird and welcome to the Cruise forum!

Congratulations on winning a cruise! Who was the competition with and what did you have to do to win?

If you use the Search facility at the top of the page you will find loads of information and tips, particularly in posts regarding the Thomson Spirit.

luci :wave
Hi Luci :D , it was on a radio station and I just had to answer one question on barbados, left my details and they called me back :shock: :shock: :lol: still in shock now!

cant wait till some of HT members have been on arcadia and can post their reviews 8)

thanks for the tips :lol:
Im going for a look around the new ship Arcadia on 9th April in Southampton, so i will feed back details and pics to the forum if anyone is interested.
That will be great look forward to your pics and feedback

Maureen :D
Excellent stuff Goldeneye! Look forward to it.

Oh Yes please as we sail on her 14th April on the Maiden cruise.

Chel xxx
Oooh you lucky thing, how come you get a preview?

Sarah
Oooh you lucky thing, how come you get a preview?

I work in the travel industry, and i have been invited onboard overnight to have a look around, and its a way for P&O to test out its service etc.
best I talk to my wife

If theres freebies about, then I want some

Andy
Oh great, lucky thing. Have a great time.

Sarah
Yes we'd be interested also. We are on 21st Oct cruise and are worried that P&O may be a bit "too British". Let us know what you think. Thanks.
we are also on the 21st October cruise ( and 8th July) very interested in your views
I will, taking camera with me, so if ive got time there will be pics up here on sunday evening, if not at some point next week.
Sorry not posted this sooner, not had a chance to do it - will add pics soon.

Where do I start, got off the train in Southampton and you can clearly see Arcadia is a big ship as you can see her from the station. Got along side her at the quay side and she is very impressive, huge but simply stunning.

Got onboard and the first thing that struck me was how well presented she was, now I know she is a new ship and has not has passengers onboard yet apart from a shakedown cruise, but I was very impressed. Got allocated a cabin on C deck, good size with twin beds, bath & shower, WC, Flat screen TV, and phone, and the best part was the balcony, good size with two chairs and a table. Headed upto the Belvedere, which is on Lido deck, great view out the side of the ship.
Then had a look around the ship, the onboard spa is stunning, the pool on Lido deck has a retractable roof, which I think is a good touch if there is bad weather.

The Orchid restaurant and the Arcadian Rhodes, although were set out, we were not able to eat in them, but looking at the menus I was well impressed. We did however get a meal in the Meridian restaurant, and the food was amazing, the service was impeccable, the staff could not do enough for us. Later in the evening we were in the Palladium for a show and “Le Cirque Arcadia” was absolutely stunning , I strongly URGE anyone on this ship to go and see this show as it is amazing. Having been on a few ships now including the QE2, this ship is in a class of its own.
My overall rating of her out of 10......... 11

Im sure you will enjoy a cruise on Arcadia, Thankyou P&O and good luck Arcadia, I know I will be onboard her again.
Thanks for the review Goldeneye. Sounds like Arcadia is a fabulous ship and exceeded your expectations.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.