Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
you're right! The hotel appears old and shabby from the outside, but the service is quite good and the food is good as well. Been there twice for only one night each, on the way to Gozo. In winter ferry crossings operate every other hour during the night, and we thought it will be nice to stay the night at Paradise Hotel and after breakfast leave to Gozo. First impressions were not good, but otherwise we liked it. Expect nothing special though! Mentioned scuba-diving? The place to go is Dwejra Bay in Gozo. Fantastic! Been scuba-diving in this area more than once and its ....can't explain the sensation down there! As for accomodation in Gozo we always stay in a farmhouse owned by gozobreak.com . We find them reliable and sincere owners and very helpful. It was the owner himself who gave us the idea of scuba-diving some years back and we really appreciate it! If it was not for him we would have been missing a nice opportunity in Gozo!
The hotel stands on it's own at the ferry port to Gozo there are no restaurants or bars nearby. Mellieha is a 5 minute bus ride away where you will find other hotels/bars/restaurants.
There is quite a bit of scuba diving going on just 100 yards from the hotel.

Hotel facilities are good.
stayed there in 2004 and 2005 and going again this August, it suits us down to the ground, nice and quiet, clean, and good food.
thanks everyone. i think it is most likely that it will be booked. Most people will be out all day diving and only really in the hotel to sleep and have the odd meal...are there such things as a pool table etc.. the teenagers will rely on that to keep them amused.

Is the scuba diving school nearby reputable? Most will be taking their own gear except for tanks and weight belts obviously..

Does anyone have any suggestions for better places to stay..4* and at least half board? Got to be good for teenagers and no more than a 5 minute bus ride from a few shops etc...

Thanks once again..
taken from the hotels website.......

http://www.paradise-bay.com/pbh/en/facilities_sports.shtml
  • Edited by peacake 2007-02-02 16:54:23
If anyone has stayed here recently will you please add your review of this hotel by Clicking Here

Many thanks, I will then delete those older reviews.
thanks Glynis, we have booked to go there with the diving school on May 22, flying from Birmingham. I will endeavour to add my own report when we return. I have read a couple of reports on various travel agents sites and they suggest the place has been refurbished and there has been much improvement since those reports were written ( i really hope so!).
I think I'll get rid of those old ones now val and rob.

*Edit reviews deleted that didn't have a date shown etc. Latest reviews now from 2006
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.