Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Pegasus Airlines
10 Posts
What made you think you would be flying with Thos Cook? cheap travel providers will always use the cheapest flights available,

Pegasus is a Turkish airline and has been flying from the Uk for several years now, im sure many of our regular Turkey forum members will have used them

wizard
I believed that i was booking through Thomas Cook as the flight times were exactly the same as on their website and direct holidays website. Also the paperwork that has come through has got Thomas Cook logos all over it and all the booking conditions are through Thomas Cook. I also have an ATOL certiciate stating that Thomas Cook are protecting my trip. I am more confused than ever
I took a group of Lunn Poly travel agents on a familiarisation trip to Turkey quite a number of years ago now and we were flying Pegasus from Gatwick to Bodrum.

I worked in the Customer Services department of FC at the time and we'd had loads of complaints about the airline, particularly the food. Other complaints were lack of in-flight entertainment and not very clear passenger announcements.

Surprisingly enough, I quite enjoyed the food as it made a change from constantly having turkey on an outbound daytime flight and chicken on the return leg with FC airways.

I haven't worked for FC since just after I moved out to Cyprus so can't give any further update...
mah133 wrote:
I booked a holiday from Manchester to Antalya with loveholidays.com and I thought I was travelling with Thomas Cook but it now appears I have been booked on a Pegasus airlines flight. Is this usual? Whats the airline like? Do I have a right to complain/cancel?

Why would you have the right to compensation or to cancel, you aren't guaranteed what airline you travel on if you book witha company that puts a package together. Even if you book with Thomas Cook the travel agents you will often find yourself on an Easyjet or Monarch plane.
Just to add on further research Thos cook have been contracting seats from Pegasus since 2010 and using a code share [several different flight numbers for the same flight]
mah133,

Thomas Cook don't always use their own airline. They often use other airlines / seat on other airlines on the holidays they offer. We have a topic dedicated to Pegasus here. They offer a no frills airline experience no too dissimilar to Thomas Cook. I'm sure you'll have a good enough flight experience with them. I don't see why you would want to cancel or complain about them using Pegasus to operate your flights.

Darren
Hi
We are flying to Antalya next week.on a Thomas Cook holiday. Flight out is with easy jet and we return with Pegasus airlines. This was clearly stated to us when we booked instore. Still is a TC holiday and to be honest TC flights are nearly always delayed.
Thanks for all your replies. My issue was that I booked a package, I didnt cobble everything together and was not told that I would be using another airline.

Apparently this now seems to be the norm.
mah133 wrote:
Thanks for all your replies. My issue was that I booked a package, I didnt cobble everything together and was not told that I would be using another airline.

Apparently this now seems to be the norm.

I think if you booked via a Thomas Cook Travel Agents or on-line via the Thomas Cook website (which is what I have done few times) even though they have put you on a Pegasus flight, you are still booked on a package holiday and should be covered by the Package Holiday Regulations. :tup

So hopefully that should give you peace of mind to a certain extent even if you aren't on TC's own plane.

Doe :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.