Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
my personal choice would be PEK all day long the Sousse side though so you have options to goto to both easily, i was in Yasmine for the first time in Years Nov 2011 (have not tried it for several years) and to be honest it was desperate no character no atmosphere nothing but tourist tat and tourist traps very blackpool ish and in my opinion ruined beyond repair. Sousse or the port far better choice i will NEVER make the same mistake again. This is my personal opinion only.
I agree,We have stayed in PEK and loved it.
It was near enough to Sousse and PEKs marina is very nice to walk around.
You can get the tractor drawn train from PEK to Sousse for £1 and there is plenty of place to wander around there,
I have been in March for the last 2 years and was going to try Hammamet this March but am now having second thoughts.
PEK any time, particularly as it's so easy to get into Sousse for the station, metro, buses and everything else. As Jay Trip says, the Marina is very nice and there are lots of nice cafes where you can sit and people-watch.
I have never been to Yasmine Hammamet however been a few times to PEK and like it there. Easy going with very little hassle from sellers, a lovely harbour area with nice small restaurants and cafes on one side and a musical fountain surrounded by restaurants on the other.

If you like a beach they are lovely too :sun2

Some pictures of PEK http://travel.webshots.com/album/568540283GrfKwP?vhost=travel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.