Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Ray P. just returned from Yasmine. Fantastic Resort. Planning to go back next year. Booked into Melia Flora Park Hotel. No regrets. See my review of hotel and I have a list of things to do. Booked hotel & flight seperately. Worked out £1k cheaper than agents. Had to organise own transfers but that was easy. My kids all want to go back to the same place next summer! Have a gr8 time!

*Edit to restore normal font Briar
Hi, Thanks for your reply, sounds like you had a great holiday.
Are there bars etc in YH, as we would want to go out at night for a change from the hotel. When last in PEK we found that it was really quiet with only cafe-bars or restaurants, no real "bars" as such (not like you find in Spain Greece or Turkey). We like the high standards of Tunisian hotels and have always enjoyed the HB food, so not bothered about 'eating out', just somewhere to have a nice drink or listen to some music etc???

How long is the transfer from Mon Airport to YH?

Cheers

Ray
Ray P. I did not see such "bars". However, the medina in Yasmine is great for this sort of thing. There is a massive open air stage where approx 1000 people sit & watch all sorts of entertainment. You can either have a meal there and hang around or have drinks or Ice Creams etc. The Marina is now fantastic too for watching the world go by. The club scene is exactly what I wanted to get away from particularly from our young drunken louts who make fools of themselves & are an embarassment to our nation! Take my word for it, you will never run out of things to do. Hammamet nearby £3 by taxi (5 miles) has lots of bars too & live music. The sunset on Hammamet beach is wonderful.

Have a great holiday Ray P!
Thanks for the info and advice.... still looking BUT YH is definately on the short-list.

Cheers,

Ray
Hi, Still looking for a hol in Yasmin Hammamet for 1st week in Oct 06, seen a good deal for the Vincci Lella Baya Hotel, 4* HB, with Airtours - Anyone know this hotel or stayed there recently?

Ray
Ah well, we've booked for the Hotel Vincci Lella Baya, in Yasmine Hammamet.
Got a good price for 1 week HB, Airtours.

Really looking forward to it, only 5 weeks and counting.

Ray
My friend Francis has made some pictures of Hammamet Yasmine:

http://tunesiefoto.web-log.nl/tunesiefoto/2006/08/diverse_fotos_h.html

Kind regards from the Netherlands,
Pittie
Pittie, Thanks for the photos of Y'Hammamet, they are very interesting. We are looking forward to seeing it for ourselves, not long to wait now.

Ray.
Hi, As I am counting the weeks until we go to Yasmine Hammamet (Hotel Lella Baya, on 1st Oct), anyone just returned from this resort???

If so, what was the weather like, any "Do's or Don'ts" or recommendations for Y'Hammamet? Is the Medina good for shopping, are there any 'bars' or is it better to go in to Hammamet itself for a night-out?. Any info on CarthageLand, is it worth a visit?

Cheers,

Ray
CarthageLand was closed following a fatal accident when I was in Hammamet - end of June this year. Not sure if reopened yet?

Lella Baya looks fantastic from outside - made as a sand castle, lovely. Never been inside though.

Yasmine is great - we were staying in "middle" Hammamet but used to take a taxi several times either to Old Hammamet or Yasmine (we were in between the 2 so very easy to move between them according to mood)

Have a great time :)
Hi All, Thanks again for the recent info on Y'H. Only three weeks from today until we go, really looking forward to it. Checked weather and currently in 80's, so hopefully it will still be nice first week Oct, anyway it will be better than Newcastle.

Ray
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.