Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Sorrento is a wonderful place to visit. Restaurants and people - fab!
Easily visit Pompeii, Amalfi Coast and Capri. It really is an enchanting area.
It holds a special place in our hearts - The song says it all - 'Take me Back to Old Sorrento'
Probably need to book a 4 star hotel in Italy though.
Rimini - but it's Germany-on-sea
Igea Marina - Alsace-on-sea
Lido di Jesolo

?????????????????????????????????
We stayed at The Admiral Hotel Sorrento ------- it is right on the sea in he small fishing port in Sorrento. There is a very small beach but the restaurants in this small harbour area are REAL Italy and apparently Sophia Lorene still eats here. Sheer magic , real Italy, fabulour food, 3 star accom right on the sea, great sea views from the hotel (and good hotel food too) and .. well real Italy !!

Any questions please ask as it is a really special part of Sorrento --------- out of the tourist trap !!!

:cheers
PS And a small beach to boot -------------- sit and watch the fishermen set their nets ---------------------------
Is the Admiral Hotel in Marina Grande? A picture of Marina Grande is usually used by travel operators to advertise Sorrento.
That's the one - the hotel is the yellow one hanging over the sea top right!

:tup
Fabulous!!! That area is where we stayed. Magical! Loved the pontoons leading out to the sea.
Lovely restaurants. Also love the square in the centre of Sorrento. When we went there they held a festival and the fireworks were amazing. Think they do it at Marina Grande the week later.
That area is one I would recommend to anyone who wants to experience the Italian culture and as I said before, when people look at pictures of Sorrento, that bay is the one they use.
Did you go to Capri?
I am going to start looking for a holiday there this year as you have whetted my whistle!!!! See Thomsons do a package so I will start there.
If anyone else reads this, please give it a go - you will not be disappointed!
Oh good - you obviously have caught the 'Sorrento' bug ! :tup

We did go to Capri - we took ourselves by ferry - a lovely day.

While we are on the subject of Italy and good cuisine - try Lake Garda if you want stunning scenery - we have stayed in Riva a few times and also Bardolino. Limone, Malcesine and Sirmione are very nice as well and I always find it cheaper than Sorrento

Happy holidays

:cheers
Thanks for the tip. I will have a look. x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.