Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Ady,
Did not get down due to adverse weather, lol, never seen rain like it, but we managed to catch a bit of a tan in between the showers.

I did drive down that way but to tell you the truth I forgot. :duh
So its down to you now , or I might be back over in April at Easter for a Baptism , if we can find cheap enough flights.

D.R. the fishing tackle shop is just up from the hotel on the same side, as you head into Pernera, you will see a huge difference to the area ,especially the new coastal walk way from Pernera to Protaras, its very nice.
looking forward to going and seeing how much it has changed :)
Went to this hotel in 2005,thought I was in a time warp and that it was 1975.

Serious updating needed if not already done.
Looking on the web site they have wooden floors in the bedrooms well the ones you can upgrade to, i never had this when we went. You have to remember that it is a 3* complex, as long as its clean and tidy i shall not be worried.

May even tempt myself to a lovely fish that Gray may catch :tongue
Derwentrocker wrote:
Looking on the web site they have wooden floors in the bedrooms well the ones you can upgrade to, i never had this when we went. You have to remember that it is a 3* complex, as long as its clean and tidy i shall not be worried.

May even tempt myself to a lovely fish that Gray may catch :tongue

From the reports I've had fishing from the shore is very hard to get a keepable sized fish so it maybe I haveto get a boat to catch something of an eatable size
Well soon be here

Got a surprise when I emailed them to ask a question expected it to take ages to get an answer it took just 4 hours
:D

Silly question but anyone know what type of plugs this hotel has got UK style or European 2 pin
the booklet from Last choice sorry First Choice say British Standard but I know what they do getting confused with OTHER hotels
It will be 3 pin. I haven't seen the old 2 pins over there for about 10 years now.
Pubdog wrote:
It will be 3 pin. I haven't seen the old 2 pins over there for about 10 years now.

Ta Pubdog

Hopefully see you soon
You won't see me - well, not this year anyway as we are not back over until 10th July...4 weeks on Saturday :)
Have a great time - I know you will ;)
Hello from Pernera (Kokos bar - free WiFi )
The hotel is fine everyone friendly the place is clean and advertises itself as 3* not the 4*plus of Last Choice pool is very warm probably due to air temp in the mid 40's
So far the food is good bit wierd as the breakfast is served in one restaurant and dinner in the other only
Animation team are hotel based (although FC would like you to think otherwise) and they work very hardand are extremely friendly getting folk to particiapate
Found out last night that there is free wifi in the hotel foyer whereas you pay 2€ for 30 mins on the hotel's equipment

so this is posted via my PDA
3 hours just 3 hours MC and we will be leaving, leave some sun for us ........ see you there .
Right now the Derwentrocker will be just approaching Larnaca and it is STILL 27° outside so when she wakes tomorrow it is forecast to be 35° but it has consisently been hotter than forecast so she should be browner than she gets at the Sonesta Beach

See you after I get back from blowing bubbles
Hi all
Sat in Kokos bar free wifi and cheap spirits LOL
Tonight we are having a Holiday Truths Meet as we are with Derwentrocker and her family

what could be better good company and lots of drinks and a reson to celebrate 'cos I passed my scuba diving Advanced cert
When we get home will write up my notes but the basics are
hotel clean
staff ALL friendly
food good quality
pool good
beaches good

Why is it only 3*
My sentiments exactly Gray ....... really enjoyed holiday and will be writing a review asap when i can. Got back this morning at 0730 am :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.