Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
The Pernera Beach is right next to the Beach and about five minute stroll to a few bars and restaurants.

There is not alot of shopping to be had in this area except for a few super markets and a bank. Although, Protaras is a pleasant 20 minute stroll along the coastal path.

In Pernera,

The Knights Pub great for a cold Leon

Windmills,for Elvis and Robbie Williams

La Cultura Del Gusto,for a special meal.

If you want any more info, just ask! :tup
Ta Poley

I do need the location of a tackle shop for fishing advice and bait as I intend to do a little fishing

but the info already is great will probably help for at lest 2 nights out if the hotel animation is no good
sorry MC
i haven't seen a tackle shop in protaras/pernera some of the gifty type shops sell cheapish fishing gear ,apart from visitors like us i haven't seen locals beach fishing, the only place where you wont interfere with bathers and boats would be off the rocks at Pernera bay or possibly the little harbor wall, if your lucky enough to catch anything be aware of the 2 poisonous species the lion fish [has highly toxic spines along its back and flank, and the rabbit fish which has two poisonous spines behind the gill covers

yasus
wizard
Wizard HT Mod wrote:
sorry MC
i haven't seen a tackle shop in protaras/pernera some of the gifty type shops sell cheapish fishing gear ,apart from visitors like us i haven't seen locals beach fishing, the only place where you wont interfere with bathers and boats would be off the rocks at Pernera bay or possibly the little harbor wall, if your lucky enough to catch anything be aware of the 2 poisonous species the lion fish [has highly toxic spines along its back and flank, and the rabbit fish which has two poisonous spines behind the gill covers

yasus
wizard

Lion Fish I know from Scuba diving
Rabbit fish I haven't seen yet but I've heard of it
Sorry cant help on a tackle shop.
I dont think there is one in a Paralimini either :think
I cannot believe you are going to this hotel :D we are also. it will be my second time as went a few years ago. Great hotel, and if you can upgrade to the full seaview its amazing. We go on the 30th June to the middle of July. One suspects i am following you, but truthfully it was booked last summer. The hotel is right on the beach and has a supermarket outside the lobby entrance.

Michelle x
If you go diving there is a dive school next to pernera beach, they use the swimming pool. My daughter passed her open water there a few years back. Beware if you go on the beach, its not like Egypt, they charge for umbrellas and sun-beds. The swimming pool isnt particularly that big compared to what we are used to, but great views of the sea where ever you go.
Derwentrocker wrote:
I cannot believe you are going to this hotel :D we are also. it will be my second time as went a few years ago. Great hotel, and if you can upgrade to the full seaview its amazing. We go on the 30th June to the middle of July. One suspects i am following you, but truthfully it was booked last summer. The hotel is right on the beach and has a supermarket outside the lobby entrance.

Michelle x

ROFL

20th - 4th July
Steph is now asking if you are my fancy woman ? These Italians can get very jealous ...............

BTW since Steph booked the hotel it has gone up £100 per person in a week
Diving is out now I banned my self as I can't swim the required 400m with fins on so will have to make do with snorkeling
There are a couple of shops selling fishing gear that I can think of. Describing where and how to get there may be a bit more difficult but I will try...

OK from Pernera Beach, come out and turn right and head towards the "top road". At the T, with Davidos and the car hire place facing you, turn right again and follow up to the next T, past the Fresh House on the right, Phoenix on the left. At the next T turn right which is towards Kapparis/the aquarium/Paralimni. Past the aquarium you will come to a large roundabout with Shiapannis furniture shop and a bank by it.

Turn left and up the hill. You will pass Orphanides supermarket on the left and Ayia Varvara church. On the right hand side, look for the co-op bank. Not far after this is Super Sports (not certain of the exact name) set back a bit from the road before you get to Elizantre furniture shop. There is car parking at the front. If I remember correctly the fishing gear is upstairs.
;)
Hi,
There was a fishing tackle shop near the Golden Coast hotel , which is practically next the Pernera Beach Hotel. I am not sure if its still there.

You Head for the fishing marina which is next to the Golden coast hotel if in a car go to top of road at Pernara beach , turn right go past shops and bars , hand car wash, then take first right, as you head towards the Golden Coast hotel you will see it on the right hand side.

Walking along the beach past Golden coast, at marina turn left back onto the road it will be on your left after the hotel . If it is still there.
I am over on Saturday if I get a chance I will take a run down and check it out, if not I will be back again before you go over, but I am sure somebody will be there before June, to let you know.
Pubdog wrote:
There are a couple of shops selling fishing gear that I can think of. Describing where and how to get there may be a bit more difficult but I will try...

the fishing gear is upstairs.;)

elizabethmcphee wrote:
Hi,
There was a fishing tackle shop near the Golden Coast hotel , which is practically next the Pernera Beach Hotel. I am not sure if its still there.

Thanks you two for that - now if I can get my Nolia Maps to give me a map then I can have a little more idea Google Maps don't really work on a mobile abroad :whoops TOOOOO EXPENSIVE
You are welcome :-)

Elizabeth - thats the other one I could think of, but not certain it was still there?

Google Earth coordinates for the one I described are
35deg 02" 43.30' N 34deg 00" 01.15' E
I have been to the GC hotel, but cannot remember a fishing shop, only a few restaurants and a spar type shop, must have changed some what since i had my vows renewed.
Thr road almost opposite the Golden Coast, that goes past Sirena Bay through to Ayia Triada is all developed now, with new villas and a new road etc, so yes DR, it is very different ;)
Elizabeth. If you don't manage to take a looksee, we are over again on 6th Feb so will take a look ourselves.
Have a good one :)
Think i will have a goosey on down there then, love a good wander. It is a nice beach walk from the Pernera as well.
Gary, IMO you are staying next door to the best diving centre around that area, Taba Diving.

i did all my qualifications there, Steve and team are brill.
:cheers

PS. will talk to you sometime about aqua blu, as now booked for july!!
Going to start putting my full name up :rofl

julian01 wrote:
Gary, IMO you are staying next door to the best diving centre around that area, Taba Diving.
i did all my qualifications there, Steve and team are brill. :cheers
PS. will talk to you sometime about aqua blu, as now booked for july!!

Not diving now heart condition getting too bad to be safe so......................
Snorkelling only

No probs re Aqua Blu PM me if you want --- we want to go back but there are so many other places to visit and Steph gets itchy feet
Go to all of them Gray, us nurses need more annual leave to cope with the lovely prospects of having a bad back for years to come, compensation springs to mind. Already booking up for my fave on sunday, but looking forward to pernera, i hope you like it as much as us.
Derwentrocker wrote:
Go to all of them Gray, us nurses need more annual leave to cope with the lovely prospects of having a bad back for years to come, compensation springs to mind. Already booking up for my fave on sunday, but looking forward to Pernara, i hope you like it as much as us.

What Sharm AGAIN :rofl

Compensation :cry not a chance when I hurt my back all I got back was You can't sue the crown - Crown indemnity you know Hmmmmmm

Got Industrial Injury compensation instead so although we have a wish list of places to visit we need the money FIRST
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.