Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
this is part of HTOP hotel chain
http://www.htophotels.com/
its on main seafront in Malgrat about 100 yards from bunjee crane on a street corner.it has lovely garden which provides shade when needed and average sized pool.
only did day visit here last year so did not see rooms /restaurant but bar and outside areas are ok.
you get all the benefits of HTOP all inclusive -eat at other hotels -try Royal Sun at malgrat/santa sussanah junction as the restaurant is supposed to be more civilised than most of their hotels.
noddy train to go round resort is just outside hotel as is bus to SS station/market.
like all HTOP hotels i think they will find the food ok but repetitive and they will have to do the obligatory queueing for drinks, but this is price you pay for going AI.
im on AOA in may with ferris and would not be disappointed to get this hotel as location is good, being half way between robin hood/rovers return and the town centre.
hey there......me and my girlfreind have just booke the planamar and where wonderin :P g is the weather ok in october could anybody help us plz
Have never stayed at this hotel but it always looked very inviting when we walked past in the evenings.

The weather in October i imagine to be rather dodgy, so go prepared with umbrella and jacket and maybe cardigans for the evenings, but whatever the weather have a good time .
thankyou for the help :) jus a few more questions lol what is the area and nite life like there is it a freindly place :)
I have always found the area to be very friendly, there are plenty of pubs but for night life i think maybe Calella or Lloret might be livelier.

I have always gone as a family with young children and never needed the night life as such . In calella there used to be big cars driving about advertising Turisme ( not sure of the spelling ) that would stop and pick you up. something for everyone's taste you will find what your looking for .
hello! i've just booked up to go to the Planamar on 28th June for 1 week all inclusive with my husband and my little girl who's 2.5 years old! Is there much to do for the little one? I think she'll be fine just playing on the beach etc. but just wondered if there was much going on for the kids? Also - i've had a look on a few websites... some say there is a pool on the top floor of the hotel and others say there is one on the ground outside of the hotel?? Which is true?!!!

Any suggestions or advice would be great - i'm a bit apprehensive travelling for the first time with a child!! thanks
definitely a pool outside. have never read anything to indicate this hotel has roof pool -others in chain do however.
all htop hotels have entertainment for kids during the day and at night usually start with kids entertainment and then a show.
check my previous post on this thread for details of htop group.
hi there, have a look at this website:

http://www.planamar.com/

its the hotels' site - click on swimming pool and it shows you the rooftop pool but doesnt mention the pool outside!!! i'm confused!!! anyone been there recently?!

thanks
this is not the website for the Planamar hotel in Malgrat but in Platja D'aro north of Tossa.
hence the confusion.
which one are you staying at.
Hi there! That'll be why there's two lots of photos!!! haha! i'm staying at the Htop Hotel Planamar in Malgrat de Mar! thanks for that!

Lynsey
my boyfriends family are staying in this hotel in september any feedback would be nice.thank you
hi there me and my g/f have booked to go to planamar in october and were wondering if people have anything good to say about it lol.
i am getting to the stage where i am thinking of swapping hotels could anyone shed any light on the situation please and is anyone else going in october:)

*Edit to remove text style words. Pippy*
We have a recent review HERE.

Pippy :D
ThankYou for the review is there anybody else who wud like to share a review please.....
has anyone also booked up for the same hotel in october or been here in the same month.
HTOP hotel chain provide a similar service in all their hotels. they are great on cleaning, quite good for food and drink and do attract people who want a good value for money holiday.
you get what you pay for.
i've been to a few of their hotels and yes they do get noisy because of all the free booze, the entertainment is a bit hit and miss but you haven't booked tickets for a west end show - you are getting what they consider to be holiday entertainment(including free cabaret dance show and medieval night show),
the food is ok but you are not going to get cordon blue meals -it is a buffet to cater for all ages and nationalities and the presentation is usually very good, the snacks they provide are just that -snacks and are not designed to be in addition to your normal 3 square meals but an extra choice if you miss a meal for whatever reason
the booze is available from 10.00 and obviously some people take advantage(moi :roll: )
your room and the rest of the hotel may be in need of a coat of paint or other such minor problems, but it will be clean
the planamar has a great location in malgrat being on the front and in easy reach of anywhere else in town with the noddy train and local bus right outside the hotel
the pool is a reasonable size, yes it is at the front of the hotel and so you will see/hear some traffic, but it is not that bothersome
the weather will be a bit hit and miss in october, you could get glorious sun or torrential rain or both
if you happen to stay next door to the family from hell your holiday may suffer, but that is true for any hotel in any resort
malgrat is a great resort, but not really first choice of young clubbers -that would probably be lloret- but if you are going for a restful holiday and intend going out at night to see other pubs/hotels(i know you have to pay for drinks then, but that is part of the holiday) then you can have a great time there.
hope this helps you in making up your mind about changing hotels, i know that if i'd ever got this one(i normally go AOA) i would be very happy.
finally, try this site for some more info on planamar/htop
http://www.htophotels.com/agents/sunways/hotels/topplanamar.htm
and this site
http://www.htophotels.com/

hope this helps.
thankyou mate your info is very helpful i will stay at planamar and again thanyou for the info peace.

*Edit to remove text style abbreviations. Pippy*
Hello everyone, going to Malgrat on Wed next week (28th) and have read somewhere that there is shingle on the beach - not sand! Is this true? If it is true - what is shingle!! Sounds silly but i've only ever been to sandy beaches! I'm taking a 2.5 year old and she'll be devastated if there is no sand to bulid sandcastles! Please help!!
very few beaches in this area are sandy.
shingle is a mix of sand and stones and shells that is quite coarse so can be uncomfortable to walk on bare footed.
you can build sandcastles, but not as you know them!
cant really suggest proper sandy beach in the area, but i would not worry too much as at 2 and 1/2 she will probably accept it all without a problem.
you can always blame the spanish if she does not like it :roll:
Hi everyone, well we fly to Malgrat tomorrow night :D staying here at the Planamar, will be back late on 5th July so i'll try to post on here on the Thursday 6th to let you all know what it was like!! Lynsey x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.