Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi Stu and welcome to HT! :wave:

I haven't been to Lanzarote for a few years (last visit was about 2002) but from what you've told us I'd say you may prefer Playa Blanca. Do have a read through the resort reports http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/lanzarote/ though as well as reading other member's opinions ;)

Pippy :)
Playa Blanca would get my vote too...

We have been there twice now with our two girls (both under the age of 7) and we love it there.

I am afraid i dont know from personal experience myself but i understand the fairly new rubicon marina area has some nice restaurants and bars as well as the ones in town.

hope that helps :wave:
I also would choose Playa Blanca, I stayed in the Rubicon Marina area about three years ago, there was a good selection of restaurants around the marina (some a bit pricey though) and further into town there was also a good selection.
I liked the Playa Blanca area as it seemed much more laid back and not as hectic as Puerto del Carmen. I think it would be a great place to have a holiday with children.
I've been to both and like both.

There aren't as many bars in Playa Blanca as in PDC but there are more good quality restaurants.

That's not to say there aren't good quality restaurants in PDC. But there is a much better selection of bars.
Thinks you will like Playa Blanca, have been to PD Carmen Teguise and Blanca. If you go to Grays World you can take a virtual tour from one end to the other. You can also get the ferry from the harbour to Fuerteventura.
The villas for rent in Playa Blanca do tend to be further out of town, than those in Puerto del Carmen. But taxies are cheap anyway! I would be hard pushed to choose, especially at the time of year you are coming!!!!!!!
Thanks for the replies folks. I am leaning towards Playa Blanca as it sounds nice. We are not going to be going out much the holiday is more about relaxing as we have not been away since before my wife was pregnant. If we do go out a nice meal and a few drinks in a bar will suffice.

A lot of the villas I am looking at say they are 10/15 minutes walk to playa blanca which is fine for me as we can get a taxi back in the evenings (can use the car during the day).

Stu
Hi again stu :cheers I would say that 10-15 mins walk means a very brisk walk :) I have walked the promenade from Faro Park into the town many times, and would say it is more like 30 mins (though I do have very short legs!) Probably the same from Papagayo end too!
Well the Villa I booked is apparently about 300m from Playa Flamingo beach so how far is that from the main town? For reference the The Timanfaya Palace is also about 300m walk from the villa according to the owner.

To be honest as long as there is a supermarket nearby then we will be fine. If the town is a 20 minute walk away then it will be a nice evening stroll and we can get a taxi back.
Calle Vesubio
Off Avienda Lanzarote
Montana Roja
Section 25
35580 Playa Blanca
Yaiza
Lanzarote
You're about 30 to 40 minutes stroll from town there, and the nearest decent supermarket would be about 20 minutes away at Punta Limones.

Have a look at this map and switch the view to Hybrid, then you can see where Avenida Lanzarote is, and how far you are from the beach and town.

Playa Flamingo has a group of bars, restaurants and I believe there's a little supermarket there too. I think it's Netto - but am not 100% sure. I'd recommend going along the promenade a bit further to Punta Limones by the port. There's a Spar there, on the road side of the complex.

Enjoy!

Elle xx
ah well so we will have a bit of a walk then :cry
Don't worry! It's a really nice stroll down there... a mooch about... nips into bars for refreshaments... good food... lovely sunhsine... and then only about 3 euros in a taxi back - you'll love it!
Elle xx

:cheers
Hi
We stayed in Atlantic Garden in Sept. which is on the same stretch on the coast and the walk is not too bad. As recent posts have said there's bars and shops to stop at. Even with a buggy for the the little one its not that bad,make sure that you cream up though cos the wind will burn coming off the sea

Just enjoy!! :tup
leentina wrote:
We stayed in Atlantic Garden in Sept

Hi Leentina

I'd be grateful if you'd post a review http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/canary-islands/lanzarote/playa-blanca/atlantic-gardens-apartments/ when you have time. Thank you! :tup

Pippy :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.