Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi
Hi Debby

I was in Marmaris in May and paid £20 for 6 gameboy games, all top games too! That was about the cheapest we saw in the resort,

Have a good holiday
nikki
I am also interested in this so I have a question as well. If you buy PS2 games(from any resort) wil they play on a standard machine or does it have to have been chipped?

Just.
Your PS2 will have to be chipped

Gene
Short and sweet Gene,thanks.

Just :)
Hi Nikki, do the games play properly, someone told me that some of the games can just stop halfway through a game, were the 6 you bought all OK?

Debby
we bought six seperate games from different places for my sons gameboy, they were all perfect. We did take the gameboy with us and tried them all first and to see if they worked and if he liked them. Most places insisted we tried them they were not offended at all.

Yvonne
The games we bought (from a shop on the main road along the front) were all perfect. I now have my orders from my son to buy some more when I go back there in two weeks ! Better than paying £30 a piece over here I suppose! :lol: lol
Nikki
We bought 3 separate Gameboy Color games last year. - the Gameboy Advance games cost approx 50% (I think) more than the standard games - still cheap though!! - 2 of the games we bought are still OK but one of them stopped working after a couple of months (may just have been unlucky!) by the way, has anyone seen Gamecube games for sale in Turkey?
Cheers paulo (4 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
The 6 games we got for £20 were all for gameboy advance. Didn't see any gamecube games when I was there in May, and noticed all the game consoles were more expensive than UK,
Nikki
saw loads of gameboy games on sale in Gumbet...cant say as i saw any playstation ones!
HI,

Going to Icmeler in 3 weeks :D. My son would like to know if x box games can be bought out there and do they play once back home.
Thanks
hi my son has the new psp, are they making the games yet, i know you can get normal ps1 and ps2 games and gameboy etc which work fine, any help we are going 29th july, stef
We have just come back for Alanya and although they where selling the PSP they did not have the games for sale yet. We asked and was told that it would not be long, but dont know how long. Dont know about Marmaris thought.
We were in Side in May and bought GBA games as on previous trips to Turkey. They cost about £5.00 so it's worth taking the chance .... we have bought about 20 games over the years and only had one duff one which stopped in the middle of the game! I have never seen X-Box games on my travels though.

We bought a Sony PSP this year but had to buy genuine games out there, which were expensive (about £45). We were told that by next season they will have worked out how to provide both Sony PSP and Nintendo DS games so my son is looking forward to going back to Turkey next year for some more bargains!

Cazz
Hi Cazz,
How much did you pay for the PSP?

Thanks Jill
Jill ... paid 400 euros which is very expensive! I believe when they are available in the UK (sometime around September I think?) the package we bought will be around £200. Cazz
anyone know if they have mastered these games yet thanks stef
:D Can anyone give my 13yr old son some advise about buying gameboy and playstation games in Turkey. We are staying in the Sunshine apartments between Bodrum and Ghumbet, if anyone can recommend any shops in those areas. Thanks

2 weeks to go!!!!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.