Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
please advise!!
7 Posts
The answer no doubt resides in the T&Cs small print.

But then why should you be out of pocket.

If the total cost including cc charges is £100 then you are, in my opinion, entitled to be refunded £100 - not £97.50

I doubt you can expect to get any more.

The problem, as always is, the small amounts of money involved. The time and cost involved in pursuing them is very disproportionate.

Perhaps what we need in someone with lots of money, who is prepared on principle, to prosecute a case.

Why is it that the consumer is always the one who is out of pocket?

fwh
Thanks for that, but I'm out of pocket by having to travel 200plus miles one way to the airpot as opposed to 50 to Manchester, having to pay for two nights accom, one out and one back, and having to pay for airport parking as well. All this costing well over £250. I cannot find in the T&C's anything about bumping to another airline. They have surely failed to fulfil their contract?
I think that as you have now asked for a full refund you wont get anywhere with the additional expenses of travel to airport etc.
I do agree with fwh that cc costs should be refunded( but probably won't)
Now you've found us, you'll need to go on to the America forum :)
:welcome
You beat me to it Fiona. Was just about to say the same.

The airline offered an alternative, although highly unsuitable, so they offered a full refund. I cant see any compensation being due.

Sorry Tony.

Kath HT Admin
I dont think you will find they did breach their contract.

They found they could not offer what they originally thought they could (might of not been Airtours fault, might have been an airline revising its schedules) so gave you the opportunity to either go with the revised booking or cancel and book something else.

That leaves the onus on you to seek alternatives, which may cost more or sometimes if you are lucky may cost less.

They didnt really 'force you to use Virgin' that was your choice. I don't think you will get any compensation for this and unfortunately you could waste further monies trying.

I also agree about the CC charge dont see why you should lose this.

Doe
I also agree about the CC charge dont see why you should lose this

They will probably maintain that they have to pay the CC company themselves and cant get it back :sulk

Kath x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.