Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Pools in January
18 Posts
The pool will be fine - and will be welcome to get away from the heat.

Candybabe
Thanks, couldn't stand the moaning if it was freezing :roll: looking forward now 8)
debgrego2

It will certainly not be freezing - we got up once at 5.30 am to go sea fishing and was more than happy to be in t-shirt and shorts!

Enjoy.

Candybabe
Hi candybabe
I meant the pool not the weather :) often when we have been on winter holidays ,unless the pool is heated it has been empty and unbearably cold,the kids then start moaning :roll:

Debi
The pools that time of year are very warm,lovely after a day out.
We brought in the Millenium at the Horizon Hotel, just off Calangutes High St., and the way their pool was situated, it was in shadow most of the day during early January, and consequently it was freezing, one dip was quite enough. So if your hotel pool gets the sun during the day it will be fine and warm, if it's in the shade at that time of the year it will be much colder Alan
We are always at Marinha Dourada for New Year! No worries, the pool will be warm!
I know exactly what Debgreg means. We stayed in tunisia in March a few years ago and they had to break ice on the pool one morning :(
We couldn't believe how warm our pool was on our first trip. We dipped a toe in expecting the worse and couldn't believe it. It was like swimming in a warm bath. This was in April and the sea temperature was similar.
Thanks everyone.

The kids love playing in the pool, they moan about the sand getting all over them and I would be to scared to let them go in the sea after reading some of the stories,paddling and thats it 8) Can you buy lilos etc over there or is it best to bring them with you. Can't wait now
Haven't seen lilos over there but I haven't been looking. Best take your own, just in case. The waves in the sea are very strong. I got knocked right under when just at knee height and it scared the Hell out of me! The waves were calmer some days than others. There were some beaches that were safe for swimming like Coco beach but the sea was quite oily there because of the boats coming in and out.
The Marinha Dourada never used to allow lilos in the pool, and its a hotel I never used to see a lot of children at either. But when we were there earlier in the year I did see some children in the pool with lilos so things must have changed I guess (regards the lilos I mean :lol: )
Hi
the lilo was not for the kids,it was for me :fish :lol: I always get to hot on the sunbeds and like to float gently around the pool dangling my feet to keep me cool 8)
We are going to Marinha Dourada on 24 November, will update you on the lilo situation when we come home.
Youve picked a great hotel, its one of the best :D
Cheers Gemma :) I decided on this hotel with the help of this and other forums and the great write ups about the hotel . Keith pm'd me with some advice about best rooms ,but said there are two on each floor in the annex. We need three rooms ,so what is the best way to request this :?

Thanx

Debi
Ive stayed in the annex before. Its lovely. Beautiful views of the lake and its got its own pool and bar and its still only a two minute walk over the bridge to the main pool, restaurant, reception etc.
Its two floors high at the annex, so you could get two rooms on the same floor and then one directly above or below, I think that would be your best bet.
You will love this hotel I am sure. Its so friendly and welcoming, with fantastic staff and stunning views, I could go on forever!!!!
Debi, try e.mailing the manager at the M.D. with your request. Here is their address. mdouraba@sancharnet.in
Enjoy your hols. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.