Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
:banghead: :banghead: I just knew that was going to happen.
just gone to attractiontix with the code and its £ 194 and i booked last week for £ 206 ( oh i had to look didnt i :duh ) I know its only a little saving but hey its better in my pocket than theirs :(
Kerrie
Hi

Could someone tell me which is the best of these two hotels: Port Aventura or El paso.

Thanks guy's

NIax :que
Well I have stayed in the El Paso twice. The last time we were there we holidayed with friends who stayed in the Port Aventura Hotel so I saw the rooms and we took our evening meal in the PA buffet restaurant three times.

TBH looking at Salou as a whole I would be happy to stay in either of these hotels. I would say that the Hotel Port Aventura has the edge, but would only pay a couple of hundred pounds extra to stay there over the El Paso. If money was no object I would go for PA.

One of the advantages of the PA hotel is that (with First Choice) you get unlimited access to a private hotel only beach club with 7 pools down by the sea, which for some reason you don't with the El Paso, which might account for some of the price hike.

Hope this helps a bit. If you have any specific questions on the El Paso please feel free to post again. Good Luck.

Doe :angel2
Hi Niax

Not sure when you are thinking of travelling, but I have just got a price of 1075 pounds (no in flight meals) for 4, two adults, two teens, in two rooms at the Hotel Port Aventura travelling from Gatwick on 1st April 08 for 7 nights.

El Paso is 1009 pounds same holiday.

These prices are with http://www.eclipsedirect.co.uk

Doe
Hi Doe,

Thanks for that. Were going on the 26th Sept for 11 nights. How do you know where to go for your eve meal as there seems to be a lot of place to eat??? Also, where is the cheapest place to get snax etc for the afternoon, and where can you go to buy goods in for the fridge i.e drinks etc??

Any information will be most helpful.

Thanks

Nia x ;)
Have you booked which hotel did you go for? All three theme park hotels have one large buffet restaurant for breakfast and evening meals & you use your own one. You are given a recommended time to go, so that they don't get too busy with everyone one turning up at once, however they didn't seem to be too strict on times.

You are a bit off peak so should be fine. I was there over Aug bank holiday. The food is good for 4* buffet fayre.

If you want to use one of the other hotels buffets, you go to your own hotel reception prior to 6pm on the day you want to change, they give you a card to take to the other hotels buffet when yoou want to eat. (this stops people having three dinners :rofl one at each hotel). Each hotel has at least one a la carte restaurant with waiter service should you want to treat yourself, you get a monetary credit towards this & pay extra on top. We were happy with the buffets as we were 4 adults & 4 teens so had two tables for 4 each night.

TBH we didnt have much lunch as it was very hot. The breakfasts were good, we used to fill up then & just have crisps, ice cream, soft drinks in the middle of the day. :oops: :oops: :oops:

We did use to eat at 7.30 when the buffet opens, The food seemed to look nicer when lots of folk hadn't tucked in.

If you wish to buy lots of crisps, snacks, water etc you might be better off going in to Salou at the begining of you holiday and stocking up. Always supposing you can find somewhere to store it in the hotel room. (dont remember a fridge, perhaps you hire them?).

We managed with bits and bobs from the hotels pool bar (all three hotels have one) and gift shop, plus snacks from the theme park if we were in there at lunch. That was for 7 days not 11 and we didn't eat loads. If you are big eaters or have little ones who drink lots of pop this might cost a fair bit.

HTH's Doe :angel2
Hi Nia

Have stayed at the El Paso twice although the first time we were supposed to be at the PA. We like the El Paso although the last time we went it was very very busy. Having spoken to a number of people who have tried the other 2 hotels there really isn't much to choose between them. The El Paso is more geared up for children but they all have their plus points. You can hire a fridge, we did the last time because we had to (needed to store medicines) and although it was expensive to hire it saved us a fortune in the long run because we had cold drinks at a fraction of the price it would have cost at the bars and the theme park. We just filled up from one of the local supermarkets. You will have a great holiday no matter which hotel you choose.
Hi all :tup
I ordered my PA tickets online with 365 and it says they will be here in two weeks ( waiting on the welcome mat every morning ) nothing as yet though :sulk. Or does it mean that they will come two weeks before departure ( i should have a VERY square bum with welcome imprinted on it by then :rofl )
Has anyone ordered from 365 so many months before they have travelled to be able to help?
Kerrie

P.s Isnt it quiet on HT at the min, cant wait until people start to book their hols too :tup
Hi alsbaby, I would have thought they meant you should receive them within 2 weeks of ordering - so any day now!
Thanks starry
Lets hope so :tup I dont know about anyone else but it all becomes real when the tickets come through be it PA or travel tickets.
Cant wait ( hoping tomorrow cos no post on sundays :cry )

Kerrie
Off to Festival Village in Cap Salou 270308-040408 2 adult a teenager a 9,7 and 1 year old for a self catering holiday which we got for £508. I know the weather wont allow laying by the pool all day as per the usual holidays we take in the summer. PortAdventura is the main reason (Skinflint dad still wont fork out for disneyland!) out of season. Attractiontix is offering me 7 day pass for the price of 3 for £229. Is this a bargain? or will we have done everything in the park in a couple of days? Anyone in the know with advice please post. :wave:
Not sure on price, but regarding if you will have covered all the attractions in 3 days. I would say yes. It's a bit like saying could you make a weeks holiday out of Alton Towers and you probably couldn't.

It's only one theme park as opposed to the 9 or 10 you get in Florida. I dont think you will get much mileage out of the water park at the time of year you are going, although if you do get a hot day and it's all open it's worth a visit.

The main advantage of a 7 day ticket, is you could do a few half-days, as it gives you more flexibility, but then you would be travelling back and forth to it a lot more, with any costs that involves. Might be better off blitzing it and then having a day in Barcelona or some other attraction you fancy. Have a great time this is a good holiday for a family.

Doe :sun2
Hi again,

Have read somewhere that the kids are not allowed inflatables in the Swimming pool of the El Pase Hotel, has anyone else seen this. Also, will the waterpark be open between 26/9 and 08/10/08?

Many thanks

Nia x :wave:
Hi Nia,

I believe costa caribe will be open but from 1/10/08 only the indoor part. I would definitely recommend you visiting before then, as the indoor part won't keep you amused for long.

Have been to El Paso twice but can't remember about the inflatables :duh

Don't think I saw any in the pool. :que
Yes that's true, when we were at the El Paso in Aug/Sept no inflatables.

I'm not 100% sure (so might be worth checking elsewhere on the spain forums) but I think I read it is something to do with spanish tourist law that pools aren't allowed inflatables ? H&S probably. May just be that some hotels enforce it properly and others do not. There was always at least one lifeguards on at the El Paso often two & a lot of whistle blowing goes on if you do anything daft :oops: :rofl although that was high season.

Not sure on waterpark, definately open at begining of September.

Doe :wave:
Hi Nia

We were at the El Paso in October and no inflatables where allowed in the pools. When we was there 4 years ago they allowed them but don't know why this changed. The lifeguards are very strict on this although on some days they did allow balls in the pools. There was organised water polo and similar games on and snorkelling and masks are okay. Outside part of Costa Caribe is not open in October and the Aquopolis closes by the second week and is pretty much run down before then ie limited food choice, no ice creams, gift shop closed, dirty disgusting toilets.
Kerrie, have the PA tickets turned up yet? :wave:

Lesley x
Hi Lesley :wave:
No they didnt show so i phoned 365 up and they said they are not getting sent out until the 1st of march as thats when the park starts to open. I wouldnt mind but my computer has took the knock so i cant get into my email to get the ref number i was sent so i couldnt give them that. hope i am not getting ripped off here because they were quick enough taking my money from my account :cry

What do you think. :que

Kerrie
I'm sure it will be ok, as lots of people have used them here.
:tup

Lesley x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.