Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
if you stay at the port aventura hotel you have free access to the theme park the hotel backs onto it as for the water park near it not sure about, but hotel portventura is quite expensive in my view if you have a big family.
Thanks Typhoo for your help.

We stayed here in 2005 and loved it, but you're quite right it has become much more expensive since then. However as our 2 girls are grown up and doing their own thing this year we're going to take our son who will be 9 by then, and are going with other friends. So not so expensive for 3 of us and worth it I think. Have already booked for August. I had heard somewhere that there is a vip system and/or themed rooms at the hotel and was interested in that if anyone can help.

Juliet
Hi does anyone know what sort of payment that 365 tickets take? Will they take visa electron? Thanks
kerrie
hello there me and my family are off to costa dorada in may. can any one tell me what the weather will be like out there pls?
Welcome to the forums stirlng69 .. this topic is specifically about Port Aventura, but we have a separate Weather Q&As topic where you should find some useful information and links ... click here. Please feel free to post any weather related questions in that topic.

David :wave
Well everyone thinks differently I suppose but we've been to Disney and Universal as well as PortAventura, loved them all. I'd say PortAventura is good value for money, I had a 2 week pass for 3 people last year at £130. My kid would happily have gone everyday if I'd let her but we just floated in and out half a dozen times or more on different days and times, at certain times you could walk straight on and off any ride. You won't see any hi-tech 3d rides I'll grant you that and you won't want a single day ticket for mid July peak days.
:wave: hi alsbaby we got out tickets for portaventura lasy year and paid with visa, not sure of electron. check the website for 365.com
Hi beermat
I have checked but it says visa but not visa electron. I have a visa but i dont like to use it over the internet because we got stung once and it was supposed to be a secure site too. I was going to open another account and put just what i need in for internet use but i just know the bank is going to give me the useless visa electron that no one seems to take. I wonder if 365 have a contact us on their website, I am off to have a nose :wave:
Thanks beermat
Kerrie
Thanks beermat
I went on the site and there is a way to contact them so sent a email asking them, it says their hours to get back to people are between 8am-6pm (i think :oops: )So all i can do is wait and see if they get back to me. I dont know what i am going to do if they dont take that card though because i dont think there is a option to do it over the phone is there :que
Kerrie
:wave: hi not sure about phoning it will probably say on the website. :think
:wave: hi alsbaby just a note to you about portaventura. the time of year you are going is when the spanish kids have their summer hols. we experienced this 2 years ago and the queues for the rides were horrendous. the kids were pushing in, jumping the barriers. so best if you could get the express tickets so you can go right through to the ride without having to go through the fiasco we went through. we thought of going at different times of the day and the best time was probably near closing time. it was also cooler at this time. hope this is of some help to you ;)
Thanks again beermat
I have heard from lots of the reviews about the spanish kids pushing in ( not fair on all the other kids) I think we will try all different times to see whats what and we also want to go and watch the shows in the night time so no doubt the kids will drag us on a good few rides then.
Also i have heard that the fountains are good to watch at night, are these the ones by the prom if so is there more than one?? I do remember seeing a fountian in the daytime when we went the beach but i dont know if there is more than one or not :duh . Wouldnt think i have been to salou before would you :) If you know what i am rambling on about could you tell me the time to get there to get a good spec (oh yeah and were it is please :rofl )

I am sooooooo excited :tup

Kerrie
May the 27th = me on Furius Baco

Can't wait to go on this ride, it was being built when i was last there a year and a half ago.

Fabulous place, fabulous rides - Hurakon condor, Dragon Khan, Tutuki splash, and my favourite Stampida.

Role on May.
:wave: hi alsbaby the fountains on the front were on when we went out for a stroll . there are all different ones of all colours and sizes and ones that dance to music. great to watch and the kids got a soaking trying to get over a little bridge(they have to stop the water with their feet and hands pushing buttons)good fun and if you have your camera handy or camcorder makes for good viewing
Oh the kids will love that beermat :D i will have to stroll down and defo take the camera it also does short vids. It sounds great :tup

Toby how long you going for? We go on the 7th june (hope everything will be up and running then) We went in oct in 2003 although the park was still open things in salou itself were starting to slow down entertainment wise.

I have been told by my 11 year old that i am GOING on the stampida (is this the coaster that races?) I used to love the fair but since hitting 30 i need a beer or two to get me on the bigguns :cheers

Kerrie :wave:
We are going for ten days, Port aventura will be my second last day in Catalunya.

Staying in Blanes on the Costa Brava, although we'll be spending most of our time in Barcelona and surrounds.

Oh yeah, Stampida is the one that races and it is superb, sit at the back you get loads of scary airtime :)
I always start coasters afew seats forward from the back to begin with cos of the kids (honest) the more i go on the braver i seem to become.

Have a great time :tup

Kerrie
:wave: hi alsbaby you think your past it at 30 going on stampida???? my hubby was going on it with my son at the ripe old age of 44??(not sure) and he went on it last year at least twice and he was 46 te he!! :yikes didn't deter him and my son was 14 and went on it over five times,i don't go on them not my scene :offtop but they have been on all the roller coasters apart from dragon khan. just won't do it :yikes every year they say ye and when it comes to it oh no!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.