Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
"Good morning!" back from Delitzsch and "Chestita Baba Marta!" and have a good time in Bulgaria!

http://www.manfred-boettcher.eu/mediac/400_0/media/DIR_177105/8f21bd65ae653de6ffff839aac14422e.jpg

Best regards

Manfred
Have a brilliant time and thanks for popping in :cheers
Blagodariya vi mnogo (Thank you very much) Manfred & Glynis,

I have had a brief drive around the Alen Mak, Kabakum Beach & Sveti Konstantin i Elena areas this morning - all of which could do with a great deal of improvement to their infrastructure and a good deal of cleaning up before the start of the season.

Followed up with a village lunch at a friend's mother's home - very enjoyable (fresh free-range chicken, which was running around her yard yesterday and her home-made banitsa and halva beat any that I have tried from bakeries or restaurants). Ooops! almost forgot to mention the excellent home-made red wine & slivova rakia that accompanied the meal......

Pozdravi (greetings),

Baldur
Hi Baldur, good to hear about your experiences. We have an apartment on the beach at Kabakum and we are increasingly fed up with the failure of the authorities to clean the place up. I know it's Bulgaria (as if that excused it), but it's no excuse for leaving stuff all over the place for months on end.
We have asked our rental agent if the residents' committee could put some pressure on whoever is responsible for cleaning up the area to take it more seriously. We like the area as it is not just a sanitised development for foreigners, but we do feel that it's time the more public face of the coast got serious about its presentation.
Pozdravi
polo
Hi polo,
We have asked our rental agent if the residents' committee could put some pressure on whoever is responsible for cleaning up the area to take it more seriously.

Good luck with that....unfortunately, without the political will or a perceived opportunity for a 'fast buck/Lev' to be made out of it, I suspect that you may be waiting for a long time.
we do feel that it's time the more public face of the coast got serious about its presentation.

Totally agree with you, as does the Bulgarian Tourism organisation, but it will take a major attitude shift on the part of those in power in order to achieve it.

Bulgarian friends (who have a small family hotel in Evksinograd) and other Bulgarians that I have met (all of whom have previously worked outside Bulgaria) are just as frustrated with the attitudes of their fellow countrymen as you or I.

Pozdravi,

Baldur
Hi Baldur,
We can count on your support then!
BTW it's a long shot but: small hotel in Evksinograd - wouldn't be the Valkovs would it? I stayed with them a few times while looking for an apartment to buy. Lovely family, must pop in and see them next time I'm passing. :cheers
Yes, the Valkovi - Vili & their sons are currently working in Germany, back in June (the Global financial crisis is biting deeply among ordinary Bulgarians).
Have a drink from me Baldur as July seems so far away enjoy your stay :cheers
Thanks June - I've been back for 16 days - but going again in June.... ;)
Well it's a small world. I remember that Vili and Rene had spent some time in Germany (and acquired that wonderful accent and mixed-up English and German way of shpeeking) bless 'em.

I presume that their guest house is shut down while they are away then? That couldn't have been an easy decision for them, but they certainly aren't afraid of hard work.

Pity I won't be able to call in next month when we're over for a couple of weeks.

When you catch up with them again, do say Hi from Neil for me. :wave:
I presume that their guest house is shut down while they are away then?

No, Reni is still in residence - just Vili, Viktor & Ventsi are working in Germany for a couple of months, to build up their depleted resources after a difficult winter.
I spent good time in Bulgaria, Varna few years ago.

Lots of party, meet interesting people... I like food and bars in Bulgaria.
Hi Monika, yes we're singing from the same hymn sheet there!
We enjoy the BMS fast-food places for a cheap lunch of Bulgarian style cuisine too.
Still haven't tried the Red Lion. I guess Brits still hang around there?
We enjoy the BMS fast-food places for a cheap lunch of Bulgarian style cuisine too.

Trops Kashta on Kniaz Boris I is excellent for the above, as long as you read Bulgarian.
Thanks Baldur, I'll look out for that. We do struggle with the alphabet and vocab, but we're determined to learn and don't shun a decent eaterie just because it's not made easy for us foreigners. Where on Kniaz Boris I is it? (the Cherno More end, the Opera end etc.)
Nazdrave!
The Cherno More end (there's a location map on the website, to which I linked - just click on 'Ð'арна' on the map of Bulgaria on the Homepage). Clicking on the green 'кетъринг' link at the top of the page will show you the sorts of things that are available on their menu - Soups (Супи), Salads (Салати), Savouries/Appetisers (Аламинути), Main Courses (Основни ястия) and Desserts (Десерти).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.