Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Jeep Safari
9 Posts
Hi - I've been on it three times and read that post on the other site. Poor guy had a nightmare by the sound of things. My experience of it was it was rough and tumble but thankfully nothing like that happened to me. All I had was a bit achy shoulders from hanging on. Maybe I got lucky with the driver or he got unlucky? Who can say? I went on a jeep safari in Malta in 2000 though and had a nutter for a driver there and pulled a muscle in my neck. If you do decide to go, then book through your holiday company so that you know you have adequate insurance from them - your holiday insurance might not cover you. In case of an accident and if you do have any problems fill out an incident form with your rep. I might go myself again this year if there is one which goes somewhere different - doing the same one four years running might get a bit dull! If I do, I will use the seat belts provided. In the past I haven't but I suppose if you do go over a big bump it will stop you leaving your seat too much and coming down hard. It is a good trip. You drive through all the villages with the pigs and ducks running around and wave to the people there, see the shepherds out with their dogs and sheep and get some clear mountain air. Last year we shared our jeep with a woman and her two kids who I suppose were about 10 and 12 and they had a great time. But it does give you pause for thought when you hear something like that :think
Thanks for that, my husband and 2 kids will probably love it, it'll be me who'll be complaining of having a sore behind!!
Take your beach towels with you for an extra piece of cushioning and to stop sweaty bums from the vinyl seats ;)

we are going on Friday. It cannot come around quick enough!
Ok so i thought i better come back on and tell everyone that we went on the jeep safari and absolutely loved it!

Booked it through our rep but to be honest probably could have booked it cheaper ourselves. There were 3 jeeps leaving from our hotel, and basically they take you up through the hills of albena, its a bumpy ride but a good laugh and you see some lovely scenery. There is a camera man who jumps on and off each of the jeeps and films the journey and I have to say he made it more fun!

We had water fights with the others in the other jeeps!

Go on this trip if you dont mind getting wet and a bit dusty!

I'll not say what else you see as it will only spoil it if you are going! Have fun! :tup
Hi - glad you enjoyed it and had no problems. The one I had done before were out of Sunny Beach rather than Albena. We got back on Saturday and this year First Choice were doing another trip they call ed the Eco trip or something and it was really good (see my other post) though not as rough as the military style jeeps we had been on before.
Hi- i will be in golden sands next week , and i interested in photography is it possible for me to have my SLR camera during Jeep Safari or its not so easy to handle this type of equipment!!?

Thanks
Mahbod
not too sure about risking a decent camera on one of these trips.

Havent been on the Bulgarian version, BUT, I think most of them follow much the same pattern.

It's a mobile water fight, with a bit off sight seeing, and usually a lot of erratic driving thrown in.
Not usually much in the way of suspension in evidence either.

I'd give it a try, but without the good camera.
I went for a jeep safari on 17-1ug-2009 it was good and finally i brought my camera but i used a knapsack the weather was grate it strat from 9 untill 16 and include lunch i paied 52 Lv
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.