Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Re: Red Sea Magic
287 Posts
Hi Edd....Petra was probably over two hours each way....I would imagine that Dead Sea is about the same....luxor and valley of the kings is longer I'm sure....we didn't do that as we've done a Nile cruise...Cairo is about two hours as well...they are all long days if you want the big trips but there are smaller trips if you prefer.
We would like to go on Thomsons Red Sea Cruise (Egypt). I've heard that mostly the ship is docked in industrial ports. Is that true? At any of the ports is there anywhere to walk to from the ship. Is it safe?

Yes the ports are very industrial and there is nowhere to walk from the ship except for Sharm el Sheikh if you have the time....there will probably be a shuttle into Aqaba town which is quite safe to walk around and you don't get hassle there like you do in Egypt. There will also be short trips from Safaga rather than to Luxor if you prefer.
On this cruise the ports are just the 'gateways' to the historic sites like Petra, Cairo and Luxor.

hope this helps.
Thanks judy
The Nile cruise for me then me thinks :tup
Edd
We have done a Nile cruise and thoroughly enjoyed it .....lots of things to see and soooo interesting.....we went with Discover Egypt who were very good....and Thomson do it as well...most of the cruises are the same format whereby the passengers are split into groups and are given an egyptologist for the week....not as formal as cruise ships....we went in February and it was very hot....remember you will be inland so it is hotter than on the coast...not a place to go from about end April to October ish as it will be too hot.
any more info I can give please ask.
We returned last night from Egypt where we were on a Nile Cruise Holiday,booked through Red Sea Holidays
it was a late booking on The Nile Romance, had a wonderful time ,weather perfect and cruising the Nile is so
relaxing,this was our second Nile cruise so skipped a few of the excursions,enjoyed our stay while at Aswan
and Luxor.
annx
Going on the Red Sea Magic in March. We have had our tickets and want to do Petra. The other trips to the pyramids are all 12hrs long. What is the trip called Nile Sunset and Pyramids sound & light show like.As anyone done this trip as it is only a 7.5 hour trip? :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.