Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Jim i was wondering that myself , as we all dislike certain things about hotels for various reasons but i wouldn't say any particular one is the worse hotel. i can remember a very long time ago when booking a holiday with Ferris i asked the rep ( yes thats how long ago it was when they had individual shops in towns ) what she would recommend or not recommend, i'm sure she said the Reymar in Malgrat so we chose the Papi.
I have heard the Reymar is bad too - but most of the complaints we heard was on food - they couldn't eat it
but apparently at the Planamar because it is all inclusive they have a lot of trouble with drunks and the police are
always there - every time we have been over we heard reports about certain incidents - but if you can't beat 'em - join
'em - as they say - we'll be in the pub....
suemog,
i find all this quite interesting as i have stayed in the planamar a few times -i even wrote a review on it - and i have not had any problems with it.
my hotel of choice in malgrat was always the maripins, but i am planning to return to the planamar this year with the friends who i stayed there with last year. they prefer the planamar to the maripins :que
i always thought that the food was as good as that served in the 4* lloret hotels, and sometimes was better.
been in the crown and anchor a few times over the years, but it has never really done it for me. horses for courses i suppose.
thanks for your reply
jimd-f
Thanks for that info - looking forward to it more now. Wasn't that bothered
anyway for just a weekend.
We go to the Crown as we got friendly with Chris & Trev about 10 years
ago and Minola in the Red Lion even longer ago.
We tend to go out of season as we can have a better chat with them,
plus all the owners from Legends and the dutch bar go in there for
drinks as he opens Friday-Sunday. We think of it as our little local resort
and feel quite at home there.
Back to Castell Montgri for 5th year running. This resort may be a little worn round the edges but it holds dear to our hearts. The fantastic beaches, the beautiful views and the peaceful way of life are enough to bring our family back year after year. As for the camp. its the entertainment packages that edges it for us. Stayed in a villa 2 years ago but nothing to do of a night time with young kids it is a must to have corny party songs like butlins in the sun lol.

Interbrava have got our custom again due to their competitive prices and all vans have TV's with mostfree view english channels. Ideal for keeping the kids quite whilst making your evening meal. Their uk staff are brilliant and their reps are spot on, not intrusive or over friendly like keycamp. Even let me use a washing machine in the van next to us last year free of charge.

Anyway, this year due to the strife of term time holidays we are going in August this year so let the sunshine and Bring it on!!!!!
Hi, have just booked to go to Calella with my niece & my young daughter. We are staying at the Hotel Amaika so if anyone has stayed there recently, would be good to hear from you.

Have been to Calella before, was actually my first ever holiday abroad back in 1985 & stayed at the Hotel Osirus. Nice to be going back to same area for my 25th holiday anniversary :cheers :cheers
Welcome ALDENTE2010 ... just in case you haven't seen it, the Hotel Amaika has its own dedicated topic which may provide you with some useful info, as well as a link to our reviews of the complex ... please click here.

David :wave
my husband and i are going to the hotel amaika in 3 weeks time, and i will post here when i return
angelica
Thank you angelica. We are going in 8 weeks time. I already know that the pool is very small, but that suits me for my daughter. Would be more interesested in what the food is like as we are booked full board & also the cost of drinks at the bar would be appreciatedc. Some people have mentioned fridges in the bedrooms but dont know if you have to pay for this or not?.
Off to Estartit on Saturday, staying Mar D'or, only place in the Med worth diving according to my husband, weather does not look too good on the webcam but hey ho.
:D Off to Estartit on 14th August,,, been going far too many years to remember. Staying at the Medes appartments this year and driving for the 3rd time with hubby and 10 year old son.. daughter flies and we'll be picking her up at Girona meeting up with old friends from Hull and Ireland(all over!) can't wait as usual... so looking forward to it . :sun2
Heading to Malgrat De Mar on 18th Sep! Cant wait! Staying at the Maripins hotel. Seems to have good reviews :)
my favourite hotel in malgrat.
i am sure you will have a great time.
Really? I have read some good reviews about, but always good to hear another opinion!

Weather is looking good, according to a few websites I have looked at :)
Christina
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.