Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
You will need to check the drinks policy in your brochure. Some cruise lines forbid personal alcohol altogether (I think RC may be one of them), some allow wine and beer. You may be able to get a bottle on if it is in your suitcases.

Princess allowed us to take onboard wine we had bought in port. American friends we made were amazed by this as they were so used to alcohol being confiscated.

luci :wave
Not approved but not been a problem for us so far on embarkation.

Most US ships are a bit more vigilent in ports where they do the security.

Wine boxes are a good way and seem to be OK in checked cases.

Spirits seem best in hand luggage.

Southampton and BCN security ignore booze.
windjammer wrote:

Southampton and BCN security ignore booze.

Isn't it the ships' own security that checks for booze using the scanners so wouldn't that depend on which ship it is?

They moved security to pre checkin which use port staff so ships don't bother with security.

We have had the guy check our 4x5ltr beer cans,

He knew what they were from the scanner his job was to check, opens bag, closes bag, thanks mate on you go.
Thanks for the info, that's very handy to know. ;)

No way will Royal Caribbean let you take any alcoholic drink aboard. My friend had some packed in her suitcase and they put out a mesage on the tannoy for her to report to the Purser's desk where it was confiscated! :whoops
id say go for it what have you got to loose,just a couple of bottles i sure if taken off you they would give them back to you at the end of cruise good luck
Royal Caribbean does not allow any alcohol taken on board, they scan all suitcases, then you have to go to the 'naughty room' while they confiscate it. They return it to you at the end of the cruise.
Like a lot of mainstream cruise lines they make very little (if any) profit on the cruise fare, their revenue comes from on board services, such as bars..
Took 2 wine boxes a bottle of rum and a case of beer on Independance late 2009 with no problems.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.