Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Drinks
33 Posts
Try a vodka ( romanov) and Limca

It turns into a hooch or try limca and white rum = barcadi breezer

I have noticed some Sparkling white wine at about 13% in a small bottle .
Its pretty pants, but have it with a bit of sprite and its more palatable.

Lisa
The Blue Riband gin isn't so good but shops sell Gilbeys which is fine so I guess bars must as well.
moles, kent ... you can get lovely apple romanov vodka its very nice with sprite and lots of ice .....colleen
Colleen Im surprised you didnt mention the Breezers!.....They had a lovely Turkish Melon (honeymelon) flavour when I was there last year.......
Jackie
Thanks to all for responses. Will definately try the vodka Romanov, Gilbeys gin and melon Breezers.
I just remembered I quite like the local Port, however you can't drink that all the time.
Will be taking Baileys and coffee liqueur from Gatwick for a nightcap.
Oh and I love lassi too, but not in the evenings. :cheers
moles, kent you might just need a wheelchair after that list you intend drinking cos dont think you will still be walking :rofl not all at once i hope :yikes
chilly
Six of us are going. My two sisters will help me out with the Baileys and Tia Maria back at the hotel at night! As for all the rest, well I have two weeks to find my favourite tipple for the evenings. Funny though, I'm thirsty all day drinking water, and drink lime soda or shandy with lunch, but at night I just don't fancy drinking anything on offer. But I will now!
Thanks for tips everyone.
Vodka and coke :D and as Irishcolleen says the apple vodka is very nice as well :cheers

There is also a bar on the Baga road (past the Infantaria, left hand side as walking to Baga) that does nice cocktails and also did 2 for 1. Thought they were better than the shack ones.
The local Tia Maria is Madame Rosa Coffee Liqueur about 200 Rs for 375 ml bottle but I prefer a bottle of Tiger big or small

Me
Feni and Limca :yikes you gotta try it once at least but don`t go overboard :cheers
honey bee with canned cold coffee tastes like baily's almost :cheers
Shooters bar make their own Baileys, not too bad :tup
Rabbie Burns Bar also do a home made Baileys, but I havent tried it YET :cheers will do so in April. Ive got a recipe somewhere for home made Baileys, my Dad sometimes makes it and its brilliant.
when we sit in the beach shack sometimes I order an ice cold coffee
and put a honey bee in it
it is gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pat :cheers :cheers
That brandy and cold coffee sound lovely, like a 'lamumba' which is brandy and chocolate milk. Thanks for all the info, roll on March.
The Teema Bar, Candolim, does a mean Iced coffee with Honeybee, ask for no sugar and add as req'.
Pricewise and measure, the best i've tried in Goa.
As for the gin in Goa, i find Gilbeys really nice, it's the tonic that is sometimes well past the sell date.
Eddie.
Thanks, I am going to Candolim in March. Where is the Teema Bar?
Eddie101 agree about the tonic, I thought it was the Gin at first so I tried it Vodka and Tonic ...... :yuck definitely the tonic!!

I like Vodka lime sodas!!
You can get the home made Baileys at the meet ups at the Carvery. We had 3 on our last visit at the end of December. Also drank Gilbeys gin every night before dinner.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.