Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Cheers Darren,

I'll ask again in a few weeks

Dave
Hi Darren,

I've been thinking of going to Mexico next year ... and now I know the Dreamliner operates to Mexico it has definitely made up my mind!

Can you tell me what flights the Dreamliner will be operating from Manchester to Mexico from May 2013 please?

I will be booking a package holiday with First Choice/Thomsons and want to make sure the flight I choose is the Dreamliner one.

Thanks,

Caroline.
That's great BEfreeTODAY, thank you very much!

Caroline.
I have never heard of any airline charging a "supplement" because you're going to be on a new plane. Years ago I was on the first revenue flight of a Dan Dare 737-400 - it looked and smelled clean but we didn't know until it was announced on the PA.

As Darren said, there should be no supplement due to the fuel savings per flight. I'm dissapointed with Thomson for adding yet another cynical money-grabbing charge. They fleeced Boeing for a few million for getting the plane late and now it looks like they're fleecing us as well to the tune of around £3000 per flight! Will they start giving a £20 discount on their older, more cramped planes? I wont be holding my breath.

.......... but I'll probably be on one of the first 787 flights :que
baz657 wrote:
I have never heard of any airline charging a "supplement" because you're going to be on a new plane

Some of the A380 carriers have, and still do Barry becuase of the increased facilities they were offering over their other aircraft, particularly in the business and first cabins. While the 787 will have 1" extra seat pitch and slightly more functions on the IFE system in economy and 1-2" more seat pitch in premium, plus the new lighting system, that doesn't warrent a supliment in my book especially considering the running costs of the aircraft should be lower. If demand for the new aircraft is high though, economics kick in and prices increase accordingly. The flights I booked for New York in a few weeks for example, I did look at Air France and their A380 service, but they were double the price of KLM with similar timings. As much as i'd like to fly on the A380, I'm not prepared to pay hundreds extra just to fly on it so a 777-200 and A330-200 it is!

baz657 wrote:
but I'll probably be on one of the first 787 flights

I'll see you in Mexico May 2013! Feedback from those that are using the in-service 787's in the far east are reporting they cant feel any of the benefits Boeing were promising with the increased cabin humidty / lower cabin altitude and some don't like the photo-electric windows so it'll be interesting to experience those. She's certainly a quiet aircraft, not as impressively quiet compared to the A380 but when she passed over our house on Monday evening, the noise footprint was certainly lower than similar sized aircraft. The funky anti-collision lighting and nav lights are great too!

Darren
hi darren flying cardiff to dalaman in may and was wondering as turkey not in eu will they sell cigarettes on the plane ? :tongue
Hi, a newbie here so hope you can help!

We are travelling on the following flights:

EDI - LPA (TOM1654) on 19 May 2012
LPA - EDI (TOM1655) on 02 Jun 2012

I know it's a 757, & we have seats 10 B/C pre-booked on both flights, however I can't find a seat map that
resembles this configuration anywhere! It's extra legroom seats & I think there is just the 2 seats & not a 10A. Is this correct,
and are the seats at an emergency exit at door 2??

If you can direct me to this seat map or post a screenshot i'd be very grateful.

Many thanks for your help.

Gary
I just used the Thomson seat booking facility for my July vacation.
It's a short haul to Menorca so I'm guessing a 737. However the interesting thing was that the seat booking website has changed.
It now mentions "Meal Seats" being available for selection.
As it happened there were none of these new things on the seat planner offered to me
- but I'm now intrigued.
Are Thomson planning to re-introduce pre-bookable meals in some limited form reversing their decision of last year?
madasharley,

They did the last time I flew out to Turkey, but not on the inbound flight.

Darren
gaz68,

Welcome onboard :tup
EDI-LPA-EDI (TOM1654/5) are indeed operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find a generic seat map linked from on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). As the 757 is a mixture of ex-FCA and ex-TOM, there are 4 variations to the seat plans. It's only a couple of seats different, but the generic one wll give you 99% of the aircrafts seats. It's actually row 12 that are the door 2 exit / extra legroom seats. These are in pairs due to the emergency exit slides prodruding in to the cabin a little so there isn't a seat F on that row. This row is an exit row rather than emergency exit. I've not see which aircraft is going to be EDI based as yet so it may be a leased one as last year, hence the diffent configuration. If you've booked and paid for extra legroom seating, you'll be assigned them regardless of row number.

Darren
ukbill wrote:
It's a short haul to Menorca so I'm guessing a 737

I need more information than that to give aircraft information. Where are you flying from? What dates? Flight numbers?

Darren
Further Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner seating information that I've been given;

The economy club cabin will have 60 seats with slightly different seat pitch to the advertised 34". 24 seats in the middle cabin will have 36" seat pitch (equivalent to the 767 premium cabin, believed to be the first four rows) and 46 seats will only have 33" seat pitch (equivalent to the current 767 economy cabin). The remaining 186 seats will have the advertised 34" seat pitch. All seats in premium club will have the advertised 38" seat pitch.

Seat recline on the right hand side of the premium club cabin will be one inch less at 3" recline, on the left it'll be 4" recline. The centre seats will have 5" recline. The recline in Economy centre seats will be 6".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/TOM-787-8-seat-plan.jpg

Darren
The economy club cabin will have 60 seats with slightly different seat pitch to the advertised 34". 24 seats in the middle cabin will have 36" seat pitch (equivalent to the 767 premium cabin, believed to be the first four rows) and 46 seats will only have 33" seat pitch (equivalent to the current 767 economy cabin). The remaining 186 seats will have the advertised 34" seat pitch. All seats in premium club will have the advertised 38" seat pitch.

That's going to make for some interesting pricing...Premium;extra leg room;extra,extra leg room; Premium short.................... :rofl
Crickey, there's nothing like making it all different!
Surely the aircraft is symmetrical hence the left and right should have the same recline?
24 seats of 36" is very odd - as they are all triplets - that's 8 sets of seats - guess there must be a toilet there!
What about seats by exits?
Not really fair on those who get an inch less at 33" - every inch counts I've been told!
So the 787 is essentially a 4-class aircraft - mad!
Flying with Thomsons to Costa Dorada in June with our 5 month old. I know she hasn't got a luggage allowance but will she be allowed an in-flight bag :think
Also will they carry a buggy and a travel cot free of charge. Thanks.
Hi

We are flying to Cancun from BHX on Thursday 3rd May 2012 on TOM374 and have booked seats 19A & 19B can you tell me if these seats recline as I think they are in front of the exit rows...and is it the ex FCA plane

Thank you very much

Lucie
Marlou

If flying with Thomson, infants under 2 have their own hold luggage allowance of 10kg, but I believe NO hand luggage allowance (as they are unable to carry this on themselves) therefore you will have to put all the bottles, food, nappies etc etc in your own hand luggage and this counts towards your 5kg hand luggage allowance. Thomson will accept the buggy and carry it free of charge and you should be able to keep baby in it right up to the gate when you can hand it over to the handling staff and they will put it in the aircraft hold (in theory as it is last in the hold, it should be first out the other end but this doesn't always happen in practice!). The travel cot however is NOT free of charge and will have to be packed with your hold luggage and will count towards your overall hold luggage allowance.

Cheers.
luceeley,

Welcome onboard :tup
Row 19 have full recline with the advantage of nothing directly behind so you don't encroach in others space. You'll find extensive aircraft information including aircraft, cabin and seat photos as well as seat maps on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.