Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi xsunseasandx,

Hope this reply isn't to late to help you.

Men: May wear full length trousers of any type, dressy knee lenght shorts or 3/4 lenght trousers. Shirts with long or short sleeves, polo-shirts with collars but NO t-shirts without collars. Footwear can be shoes, smart trainers, as for flip flops im not sure, my other half sometimes would wear his sandals but not flip flops.

Women: Any type of clothing as long as it's not beach wear (in the evenings), skirts, dress shorts, trousers, 3/4 lenghts, vests, t-shirt, just about anything, and yes dress flip flops, sandals, trainers etc.

Hope this helps.

Katie.
thanks thats really helpful!!! we dont go until september so its not too late for me!
Thanks Katie. We went to the Royal Cancun last year and that was fab, so I am hoping this hotel will be as good.
I have been to el dorado 2 times now and going back in oct. Just so you know - feb. the water can be cold in pool and ocean but sept. oct. worm water!! don't wory about the sand breakers... they make the ocean swimable and it is fun to swim to them and sit and jump off of them!! I am an ocean guru and love this ocean and beach! my neighbor just got back last week and she loved loved loved every minute of her vacation!! stop stressing and just know yooou made the right decision and won't be dissapointed!! and come on your in mexico... do not need pants!!!! mexico 70 is feels like 90....
hi does anyone know about trips from EDR? whos best to book with? and roughly what are the prices? we were probably looking at going to xcaret, possibly xel-ha, a visit to some ruins but undecided on which ones,maybe a snorkelling trip and swimming with dolphins.... if anyone else can recommend anything else to consider doing it would be appreciated!!!

and on a different topic completely! do uk hair straighteners work properly there? or would it be advisable to try and get a converter?
What we did was looked at what was offered online and then when you are at el dorado royal they have travel desks with company's you know are reputable. We booked through lomus for myan ruins and van to take us to playa del carmen- so just wait till you get there and book with an agent you can speak with about prices and all there is to do. As for the hair strightner??? as soon as i stepped off the plain my hair got curly.... it is like straightning in the bathroom with hot water running in the shower... good luck with that!!
7 weeks today i will a married man on his way on honeymoon....( :yikes ).
Ive just been reading the tommy cook book and it states drinks are only all inc for 12 hours.Is this correct because we were told at the TA that it was 24 hour?.We wasnt intending taking a lot of money with us as weve spent up on the wedding and honeymoon so to speak.
We go in four and a half weeks!! Anyone come back recently for more up to date info? Also whats the deal on men wearing smart jeans in the restaurants?
xsunseasandx

We got back from the EDR on the 11th Aug, the place is brilliant, however it was only about 30-40% full so they
didn't have all the restaurants open every day - they just rotated them. Jeans & dress shorts are allowed, they were more concerned that men wore shirts not 'cut-offs' on a night time.

Hope this helps and have a great time!

AQ
hi thanks for that! when you say "cut offs" what do you mean?
xsunseasandx

T-shirts with no arms - like athletic vests

AQ
hi airquake thanks for the reply....but heres another question! (or two...!!)

whats the evening entertainment like? is it worth watching and what time does it usually finish? do they do any beach parties/bbq's? is there anything else to do in the evenings within the resort?

are there any day time activities?

thanks!
best place ive ever been !!
entertainment is ok not brill apart from the acrobats they were fantastic.No bbq but its an amazing romantic place . im normaly a party animal but i just flowed with place,plenty of pool/beach cocktails and a romantic meal at night and then to a bar for a few beers.
Hi xsunseasandx
As broncoblue says! There are different acts/shows every night (In the Guacamayas bar including swing seats!) - some okay, some iffy and some absolute pants (American karaoke).
As the place is so big we tended to stay in the area of our room (swim -up suite) that pool area had loads going on through the day, the swim up bar was full of people trying the cocktails, as did we. So by the time you have your meal at night and pick a bar to have a drink in, you're ready for an early'ish night anyway.

Be warned though - once you have been to this place everywhere else is going to be judged against it. We have just booked a 5-star hotel for next year in Gran Canaria and it is nowhere near the standards of the EDR .

If you want you can drop me a PM with your e-mail address in a couple of days and I will send you a map of the resort, together with some photo's of the place.

AQ
Hi everyone

Booked 2 weeks in May to this hotel, 4 adults going. Anyone been here? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Went to the El Dorado Royale in April 2010, Have to say this was the best holiday ever, The food the staff the facilities just everything about it was fabulous, You will have a great time.
Make sure you spend some time in the Martini bar its lovely, ask for a chocolate martini it taste like baileys but better. Be careful if drinking shots the Mexican flag put me to bed with a serious hangover for 2 days.
Because its adult only there is a very relaxed atmosphere around the resort, there is a activities pool if you want to play volleyball or pool games but the other pools are very chilled.
The food was fabulous in all the restaurants especially the italian and asian. The breakfast buffet was huge with everything you could want, smoked salmon, prawns, champagne and a really good omelette station. We found Fuentes restaurant the best for a buffet breakfast.

Enjoy Your holiday
We have previously stayed at the El Dorado Seaside Suites and have now booked into their sister hotel and would like to know whether the same toiletries are provided.

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.