General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
DRESS CODE
18 Posts
Hi Gail

Would say it depends on the hotels policy.

We have stayed in numerous all-inclusive hotels, and each of them have a formal dress code, ie. men must wear long trousers.
My husband always takes a pair of long trousers to wear for dinner and then changes back into shorts or 3/4 afterwards.
Better to be safe than sorry and wouldn't like the embarrassment of being turned away for being improperly dressed :omg

Part of the fun of holidays is dressing for dinner. :glynis

Have a lovely holiday

Carol :sun
Thanks Carol,
I will try and find out the hotels policy.

gail..................
Where are you going Gail? It varies from hotel to hotel.
Bridd
Hi Bridd,
We are going to Cyprus and staying in Constantinos the Great, Protaras,
I have just looked on their website, but can't seem to find anything on their dress code.

gail..................
I think it depends what sort of hotel it is. If I'm staying in a 4 or 5 star hotel I always make an effort to look presentable at dinner. I wouldnt be happy having people in t shirts and 3/4 length trousers sitting in a restaurant, but maybe others dont mind. Probably safer to take all your options with you and see what its like when you get there.
Bridd
Thanks Bridd,
I have emailed hotel to ask for their dress code.
The hotel Im staying at is a 5* ( so I think it best to do as you suggested) :)

thanks again.

gail.................
Gail
have you posted this in the Cyprus forum? Someone might nave been.

Bridd
Yes, I posted it a while back ( but no concrete answers) I will post again and see what happens.

thanks Bridd

gail............
Can anyone tell me if us men have to wear long shirts for dinner as well as long trousers, because i will bake if we do
Hi sunseeker,
Im just back off my holiday from cyprus and we stayed in a 5* AI and my husband wore 3/4 trousers and smart t/shirt.
I think as long as you don't wear shorts and vest tops for evening dining they are quite easygoing.
There was 14 of us altogether all different ages and (none of them wore long sleeves shirts)
So I don't think you will have to bake :wink:

gail...................
Thank you very much, i have been to Cyprus we stayed in Paphos
I would love to hear about your holiday
This was our first visit to cyprus, we stayed in protaras, Constantinos the Great.
We also got married out there on the 15th june. We flew home last sunday and we are all gutted to be home.

Where are you going and what date are you flying :?:

gail.................
I am going to SuperClub breezes, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.

I am also getting married.

Im very glad you had a good holiday. There's nothing like a relaxing hassle free holiday :wink:
Hope you have a fantastic wedding and holiday :D

and try not to bake, in that shirt :lol:

gail..............
Can someone explain what is wrong with a pair of chinos and shirt for dinner in a FULLY airconditioned hotel,why so much on the dress code,who wants someone in cutoffs and tanktop at the dinner table.if people want that go 18-30.
I recently stayed at a 4* in Lanzarote, people were in shorts, t shirts, 3/4
length trousers at dinner, I was really suprised and felt somewhat overdressed. Last time I stayed in Spain there was a dress code at the hotel. For me part of the holiday if staying in a nice hotel is wearing smart clothes in the evening. If I wanted to wear ultra casual I would stay self catering.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.