Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Dress Code Help
20 Posts
If you are talking about in the resort areas - casual, life is very laid-back!
I agree, there is not usually a dress code unless you stay at a very exclusive hotel. Obviously sitting in a restaurant in a bikini or something wouldn't really be appropriate :rofl but generally whatever you like.
Thankyou,Thats helpful hubby didn,t fancy having to take trousers and shirt with him. :cheers
If it is a 4 star hotel, they will want him in trousers not shorts in the evenings. You really need to specify the hotel so past guests can advise. Outside restaurants won't care - they just want your business.
Its only trousers in the restuarant. I think they should be more relaxed considering the high temps in turkey in the summer. Women can wear almost anything, but I never wear trousers as such its jeans and trainers for me. Its a pain having to go and change back into shorts.
Yes, sorry, I meant in the hotel restaurant. My menfolk usually change back into shorts after dinner too, because of the heat.
Hi Folks, RE Question on dress code in Turkish hotels at meal times ? I see some say trousers for men?Is this evening meal or all meals? Also is it the same if eating out at night? Be very grateful for help in this matter. :cheers
Sorry forgot to say we are staying at the Medisun
It is only the evening meal at which they expect men to wear long trousers.

It would probably not apply eating out at restaurants, unless it was another hotel restaurant of course! Only if you found a very posh restaurant, I imagine, but not an ordinary resort place.

I suggest you edit the title of this post to include your hotel name, to get a response from someone who has stayed there.
Most hotels have a billboard outside the retaurants which tells you the dress code .At evening meals you are expected to wear long trousers shirt and sandals or shoes .Seen many a man turned away when they turned up in shorts and flip flops .Myself, i prefer not to take the chance of being embarrassed by being refused entry . :yikes

Bluepeterno1
Its a joke because if a woman turned up in shorts and flip flops it would be ok.
Not in the Hemera they wont! They will be refused entry on an evening.
Jay Trip wrote:
Not in the Hemera they wont! They will be refused entry on an evening.

LOL They wouldn't in the hotels I have stayed in either Jean. Guess it depends on the standards.
Some of the hotels in majorca I have stayed in, asked for long trousers for men and the women were walking short's T-shirt and sandle/flip flops.
I remember my friends, my husband and I being totally gobsmacked at a head waiter in a hotel in Ibiza. A young man came into the diningroom, short hairstyle, immaculately dressed in jeans and a smart white shirt. The waiter asked if he could go and put proper trousers on! That was quite a few years ago. The hotel was okay but nothing special.

Another time in a very nice hotel in Lanzarote, a couples room had been burgled and would you believe all their clothes were stolen. The guy came in to the diningroom with long shorts on and was given a hard time by the waiter. Even when he explained the circumstances the waiter was having none of it. I think they took a tray away with food. We were all amazed.
Theres a member of HT whose case went missing on a holiday to the Conrad in Sharm.He had problems gaining access to the restaurant in the hotel despite telling them his case had gone missing.
I was there the previous week and a ladies case had gone missing and other guests kindly loaned her clothes so she could go into the restaurant.
That is one of my holiday nightmares, losing my case and having to spend the whole holiday in a sarong and a pair of flip flops :rofl

You would think they would bend the rules a little for anyone in that situation wouldn't you :que
A friend of mine lost his case once and it took a few days to arrive at the hotel .A few other guests loaned him some clothes ,he looked really stupid in a dress and slingbacks (kidding) :D
That is why I mix our clothes now between the 2 cases. :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.