Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Unless you're on a budget or are an experienced biker I'd rent a car on Samui. Simply because, on average, several foreign tourists die every week in bike accidents. It's a very common occurence. At night there are way too many drunks driving pick up trucks to make it safe for anyone wobbling around on a 125cc scooter.

You'll find big name car hire firms all over the island - Budget, Avis, Hertz etc.
I wouldn't bother even renting a car quite frankly! If you do. you may just want it a day or two to see round the island but that would be all. We found taxis or songthaews fine. See what you think when you get there.
i think that's what we'll do, wait & see. There are four of us so I expect Taxi would be cheapest.
try a songthaew as well- great fun. We often used them. We went to Nathon on the west coast on one and it was like an excursion by itself! So many of locals got on and off along the way.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.