Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
economy car rentals seems to get the most recomendations from members

wizard
Economy car rentals do provide cars with full insurance with no excess. They appear to be available on Kos. You do need to book online with your credit card - you pay a small deposit and the rest on arrival. We had no problem with this when we used them from Athens. You could just hire a car when you get there but most compaies will require payment by credit card anyway and not all have the "no excess" option.
Thank u very much but i looked there site and i cant find there email!! so how i can contact with them?? i dont want to book now i just want to know some details and to ask some questions and the exact price! but they even dont contact with clients! u have to book wikthout even asking some importanhts questions...do they have then an office at Kos and where or do they have any phone or email?? how to contact with them?? PLEASE!! Help me!! :)
First of all click on the box to have the prices in GBP coz it will then give you prices in stirling and euros.
If you enter the details of the country, island and resort etc, whether you want to collect the car at the airport or have it delivered to your hotel and select what grade of car you want. It will give you a price before you have to enter your crediit card details and confirm the booking. You don't have to contact them direct, you just get a confirmation and car hire voucher via the email if you decide you want to go ahead.
Kath
As the previous poster said, you can get a full price online without entering any credit card details. Most booking issues are covered here

http://www.economycarrentals.com/kontakt/kontakt_default.asp

If you really feel you want to phone or email, see this page

http://www.economycarrentals.com/kontakt/kontakt_formular.asp
Oh no/..i prefere to write them or to go to office...do they have any office at Kos?? why they are so closed and even dont have even adresses in the cities...
Economy car rentals act as a booking agency, using local car rental companies. The booking must be done centrally, though I'm sure they will answer any concerns you have by email. Many online car rental companies work this way. If you are concerned about this, you may be better waiting until you get there and visiting local companies in person. I'm sure you will find many car rental companies in Kos at competative prices. Most car rental companies will require your credit card when you hire the car, whether you do this online or in person.
yes u are right i think i will try to rent a car when i arrive to kos ..i can then ask personally all questions and see all documents...the more difficuly to rent a car in rhodos.l..as we will go to rhodos from kos by ferry and we need a car to be delivered to the port as we dont have any transfer from port to hotel in Lindos. taxi or tranfer is sooo expensive! ad anyway we will rent a car in rhodos so it is more reasonable to have it from the port..so in that case i HAVE to book in advance....and to give my credit card info and to book from here even havent seen any documents! when they write in letter that they provide absolutely full insurance - it is just words!! so we pay even if not the whole ammount just for words. but we sign the dicument only on arrival! so i am very worried as i know cases when people had bad experience with rent a car compaies and if the accident happened they had to pay....it was hell as some of them didnt have money for that!!
try Kefalos tours in Kefalos...you will find Kefalos is the cheaper resort and they will leave it at the airport....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.