Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
shoulders and knees should be covered. Do not wear anything that is see through. Sandals should have a strap around the back of them or be totally enclosed. Trainers are fine!
Thanks Fiona

Why the strict rules about sandals? Do people get turned away if the footwear is not correct?
You can borrow socks and sarongs if you are showing too much skin. I wouldn't fancy the socks though, I saw some girls putting them on last time I was there, they (the socks) looked a bit grungy.
Uhhh - Will definitely make sure we all take our own socks then!!
I had cropped pants,t shirt and trainers and it was fine.
was trying to think if I saw anything being offered for your feet but the sarongs are a bit "iffy" too! I'm not usre why they are so strict on what you wear on your feet. BTW- never point your feet towards a buddha image.That is a big "no".
In Thailand the feet are a big taboo, never point the soles of your feet at anyone. Its considered a BIG insult..
Hi,

We went to the Grand Palace and they wouldn't let me in. I had a vest type t-shirt and a long skirt and sandals on. They sent me away because of my t-shirt. The previous day I had been to Wat Pho (next door) with exactly the same t-shirt (different colour) and samish length coloured skirt. The best of it was, they only pulled me up on my t-shirt and not the see through skirt I had on. I then, walked around the corner and bought a t-shirt for 100 bahts and are still wearing it today. So no short sleeves, slip on shoes, short skirts, see through skirts, dress modestly and you will be fine and have a love afternoon out.

Regards, Heather747.
Short sleeves are Ok, just t-shirts without sleeves aren't allowed. The top of your arms have to be covered.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.