Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
thanks julie for all your information its been a real help and im sure we will all love it christine :thanks :thanks :sun :sun :sun
Hi,

We're due to go there in September :D . What's the location and Disabled access like for getting to the hotel as I use a wheelchair. We've been trying to find out exactly where in Sunny Beach it is in relation to a hotel we stayed in last week (hotel pomorie) but can't seem to find out. We think its near a main strip that has shops/stalls and bars in with a big 'GOGO Girls' sign at the end by the main road? Sound like the right place?
Hi me and her

It's a fair distance from the Pomorie right at the opposite end of Sunny Beach. We stayed at the Pomorie a couple of years ago and at the Sun Village this year. It is down a couple of streets behind the Gogo girls sign. It is down through the market area two streets down on the right and straight along to the end of the road. The road is just really a dirt track. You would be ok in a wheel chair in the daytime but at night the road is pitch dark in areas. Or if you look back on this thread AllyT found a good way to get to the apartments. Wish we had known that way.
does anybody know if the sun village has got safety deposit boxes for every apartment at reception,or are they in the apartment.would like to know what is the safest way to take money before we go in 2 weeks time. if there is no safety deposite boxes not to keen to carry cash around or leave money in the apartment.
hi, just got back this morning -there are safety deposit boxes in reception only and I don't think there is enough for all the apartments so ask as soon as you get there.
A few grumbles with the place but nothing major. we only got clean towels on the day before we came home and i don't think the sheets were changed at all-in all fairness if we had gone to reception they would have sent clean ones i'm sure. We had requested a lower floor overlooking the pool and were at the back on the top floor -we aqsked to change but it was totally full. there was a door to the balcony from every room that you can't lock so I was concerned about my little boy going on the balcony while we were asleep but there was a heavy stool in his room so i put that against the door so that i would hear him moving it.
there are nowhere near enough sunbeds and people reserve them when they get back late at night and then don't materialise until noon which is quite annoying for the people coming down at 9 oclock and having nowhere to sit down. this must have really annoyed somebody while we were there because there were lots of towels thrown in the pool!
on the plus side the apartments are very spacious, the pool is great, the weather was fantastic all week, there are some great places to eat (recommend Djanny's) most things are really cheap - except fruit for some reason and there is plenty for the kids to do with the animation team.
if you are going on a tuesday be ready for a very long wait for your suitcases. :shock:
hi could you tell me if sun village have late checkout available and if so how much it is as we dont fly home till early hours
hi- you can keep the room (subject to availibility) up to 6pm for 30 lev or till 10 pm for 60 lev. our flight was at 12.10 am and we were being collected at 9.10 pm -we booked the room til 6 and then they had a locked room for you to put your cases while you go out for dinner or whatever so it worked out fine. :)
great, thankyou
also how much are the safety boxes
can't help with that sorry as we didn't use one :)
Can anyone tell me that has been in these apartments is there a microwave,and also are all the apartments air-cond. Speaking to a lady that came back and said that her apartment had none,as I have to have one as I have a daughter that is a asthmatic....Thanks
we were put in a room that had no air con and complained and were put in a room with one all the rooms are supposed to have one its just that it was newly built when we went and they hadnt put some air con in it is lovely by the way nice and cool with one in the front room and each in the bedrooms. No microwave but a cooker with hob and oven.
Thanks julie sorry for asking so many questions but 12 of us going out and all have different questions. Is there a hair dryer or iron in the apartments and is the pool nice. :lol:
Good question is there an iron in the room also an ironin board thats at the sun village appartments.Im gettin really excited but the news i heard the other day about sunny beach having floods as made me feel a bit scared we are due to go on the 11th of august and all i hope is that the weather is good fingers crossed :thanks :thanks :sun :sun
yep iron and ironing board but no hairdryer
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.