Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
we were usually back at the apartments for 8 0clock as their was a minnie disco on at that time not that good but my little girl liked it. I felt safe with my husband or even two people but not on my own.
is there much building work going on round about the sun village,i hope it does not spoil the holiday
was some noise not enough for problems but if you get a back room it faces on to apartments that are been built but if you dont like the room your in the rep will arrange for it to be changed as we did .
hi julie can you tell me if it is major building works behind the sun village, thomsons have not informed me of any building work .have requested a pool view when booking the holiday,so hopefully it wont be a problem
a lot of the rooms had pool view the buildind work was minor and if you have a pool view room you wont here anything another thing is if you fly out late you can reserve your room over their until 6pm for 30 levi about 10 pound after that you can put your suitcases in another room which is locked. Anymore questions just ask.
Re walking to and from the apts. We were given directions on day 1 to turn left when leaving complex. Found it dark and dusty and main road bit dangerous. We found better route which may sound complicated but if you print it and take it with you it will make sense. her goes

Turn right on leaving apt complex. Dirt track with no lights but if you turn left through the car park of the Izola Paradise Hotel this is much better. When you reach the road turn right and walk as far as the large supermarket near to the Hotel Diamond (large turquiose building). Turn left and this takes you to main road. Along to the right ther is a controlled crossing which makes life a lot safer (dont totally rely on cars stopping)

This way is a wee bit longer but cleaner, lighter and safer

Good Luck

AllyT
Hi julie is it worth getting a taxi at night as the dirt track is putting me off slightly due to having a daughter with walking difficulties.Also did u have any mosquitos problems?Did you have any maids coming to clean the rooms and how was the towels situation do i need to take many.thanks for the info christine :thanks :thanks
its not worth getting a taxi as it is a short walk to the restraunts and shops id say 200 yards away but it might be a bit rough if your daughter is in a wheelchair. The maids came in everyday supposed to change towels everyday other people did but they seemed to change ours when they felt like it. They do come in every day make the beds clean shower give quick dust about empty the bin. change the sheets twice in a week we just found it so dusty on the floors because it was brand new your daughter will love the pools and the entertainment is ok my daughter is shy and they would pull her up and also they are good with remembering names also if you have any sort of problems the rep will help.
Hi Chrisine06.

We were at the Sun Village apartments at the end of May. There wasn't a problem with mosquitos when we were there. I can asure you of that because if there was a mosquito it would bite my husband as always. Better to be safe than sorry though and take some avon woodland fresh spray. I wouldn't think you should take bath towels with you as they will change your towels almost everyday. As for taxis if it's dark and you have walking difficulties I would probably get a Taxi but ask reception about how much the cost would be as taxi drivers will try to get more money from you, Agree the price before you get in the taxi!!

Have a great time
Liz
those of you that have been more recently have they got the safety deposit boxes sorted and are they in the apartments or just at reception? Just been reading that its better to take mainly english cash and change it over there so was concerned about where to keep it. Is there a bank close by to these apartments? :?:
hi all do they charge for air-conditioning and safe boxes or are they free :?:
i was told to take english money over their. i got a rate of 2.74 from m&m over here. Sunny beach most places had it advertised for 2.72 or 2.74 the best rate i saw was one bank 2.87 considering i was told to change over their it wasnt much difference.
i got a rate of 2.74 from m&m over here...... the best rate i saw was one bank 2.87

That's a difference of 13 Leva (£4.53) per £100 changed or 4.53% - that's a big difference in my book!

You would be hard pressed to earn 4.53% interest per year on that £100 in a savings account. :wink:

Baldur
so which of the banks out there generally has the best rate? and how far is it from the apartments?
their was one a five minute walk but i didnt need to use it as i had took mostly levi.
Hi julie was the air conditoining free or did u have to pay same goes with the safe deposit boxes?What time did the pool open in the morning and what time did it close?Could you change your money at the appartments and what was the difference to going outside to change up ?Also what time did the maids come to the rooms as i hope its not to early.I dont suppose there was a computer there as my daughter would like to go on line sometime.What time did they stop serving drinks at night or do they stay open sorry for all the questions but its just nice to know before we get there.We have asked for a pool view and all i hope is that we get one also we are in a 2 bedroomed appartment and they do sound nice have uyou got any comments on the appartments themselves many thanks christine p.s are there many sockets in the rooms :wave :wave :thanks :thanks :hyper :hyper
air conditioning was free but you have to get a remote from reception to use it. Never used the safety deposit boxes as they were just bringing them in when we went but i think you put your money in the boxes at reception dont no how much. Pool opened 9 till 6 but some kids were in it after 6. Maids came in at 9.45 am which is early. The two bedroom apartments are nice but you dont get a bath just two shower rooms which the water hits the floor but the tiles didnt seem to be slippy. Never stayed up at the bar for drinks because its cheaper to buy your own and sit on the ballcony but it seemed to be open until 3 in the morning but not many people used it as their is many and cheaper places to drink. Their was loads of sockets in the rooms and we took enough levi out their so didnt need to change any money but someone said you dont get much for your money at the apartments but their is loadfs of places to change but i think the banks give a better rate for what i saw.
Hi julie can you tell me how far is the beach from the sun village and how much the chair and unbrellas were.Im really looking forward to this holiday as we have never been to bulgaria before.My only concern is my eder daughter whos hjas global developemental delay and she can be a littl loud shes nearly 15 bit is only at a age of about 6-7.Sometimes it gets a little frustratin when people look so i hope she enjoys this time many thanks christine :hyper :hyper :hyper :yipee :yipee
the beach is a bit of a walk about 15 minutes but you will find restraunts on the way to stop for a drink. I wont worry about your daughter been loud while we were their some of the adults were loud as their was some groups of the same sex. The chairs were 6 levi each and 6 for a umbrella £2 each in english money for all day i loved bulgaria, it was so cheap. People can be so ignorant, my son is 10 and plays with two lads who are young for their ages, i bet you will make friends we did over their loads of people at the apartments tend to speak to you so dont worry and have a good time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.