Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi again , just to tell anyone going to the Perunika before the 10th-15th July that it will not be open as the refurbishment has not been completed

**moved across from Hotel Reviews. Posted by Stephen Barbour**
Hello,
Just back from GS and have pics of Perunika refit?
Bulgarian law said the hotels being refurbed had to have 90% of exterior work to be completed to open this year. Many have but the interiors are still not done. We heard that Balkan Holidays were looking to place people back into the Perunika in Mid June, though I dont beleive it will be fully ready until mid July. All the old staff are there, and it sounds like it will be fantastic when completed. I heard that the lift will now start in the muppet bar and go all the way to the new top floor!!! The main street is full of dust and rubble at the moment, but the chippy and the chinky are now open for business. Many places have Sky sports, including the Irish bar around the corner, so no reason to miss any footy this summer, or Olympics if thats your thing.
I have photos if people want them. e-mail me on XXXXXXXX
Mark

EDIT: E-mail address removed for your personal security, as per our Terms & Conditions. Please use private messaging, or show your e-mail address in your profile.
Many thanks
David
Hi Mark
We are off to sunny Beach on Monday, Just wondering if you could let us know what the weather was like when you was there, Ive got no idea what to pack
Thanks Amy
Hi All,
Has anyone any new information on whether the refurbishment on the hotel Perunika in Golden Sandfs is complete? Not going until August 21st but would like to know any developments.
Cheers in advance,
Dave :?
Hi Dave, We are staying in the Sofia which is next to your hotel. Someone just came back a fortnight ago giving us a report on the Sofia and just happened to mention that the refurb of the Perunika wasn't complete at the time, however i don,t think you will have too many problems by the time you go.

Gordon :)
Hi all

Just wondered if there has been any new info on the Perunika.
We are off in a fortnight 6 adults and 4 kids, have had mixed reports some say it's finished others say it's not.
Please help, just want to know what the crack is before we go... :pele [color=black][/color]
Hi jmilne,
We are off to the Perunika on 21st August. We stayed there last year. Holiday Truths website have reports that the hotel and Muppet bar is now fully open.
The link is :-

http://www.loopy67.freeserve.co.uk/alenmak/otherstoryspage6.htm

Hope this helps.Have a Great holiday, and give my reguards to Pipi and the bar staff. Would apprerciate a report when you get back.

Dogga :P
:cry: Should have said Holiday Stories Website
Thanks for the info via the link. it has really put my mind at rest about the Perunika being finished, cant wait now. Tickets are here and we are all very excited about the holiday. ( Apart from the flight I'm not very good with planes !!!!!! )
Look forward to metting everyone staying at the Perunika from 19th July for 2 weeks...

:D Jenni Milne
Hi there

We've just booked a fortnight at the Perunika in Golden Sands, leaving on the 29 Aug. Has anyone been there since the renovations? what is it like?Is all the work finished? Also, is Golden Sands going to be busy at this time, i've heard the 2nd week in September is the last week of the season.

Any advice/info would be greatly appreciated.

Ta!
I just returned from Golden Sands on Friday. Perunika looked fully functioning, not a builder or anything in sight! Muppet Bar which is underneath the hotel was open everynight - they have a great karaoke :-) The hotel is in a good, central location.

Ashley
Thanks for that Ashley, was abit worried about the work not being finished!
:D Hi All especially Fiona24,
Arrived just after midnight on saturday from Birmingham. Hotel is much improved from last year, with rooms completely refurbished and having air conditioning (needed).
There has been a report on the internet that the food (half board) is not quite up to standard, but so far we have had no reason for complaints with a varied choice every evening. Between us we have had so far, roast beef, pork stew, beef stew, chicken and chips, spaghetti and burgers, as well as soups and desserts.
Breakfasts have been a bit hit or miss depending on how late we got up for them!!
Safety deposit boxes are available for 55 leva for two weeks.
We are all very happy with the hotel, and as I said it is a far bigger improvement on last year. More improvement than we thaught there would be.
Anyone staying here want be too disappointed in our experience.
The bar staff, Natalie, Raia and Polina have been excellent as last year and remembered us all as well. Pipi now works downstairs in the Muppet bar. Hotel prices for drinks are 2.50 leva for lager (1/2 litre) white wine 3 leva, coke, fanta etc 2 leva and cocktails ranging from 4 leva to 6.50 leva.
Weather has been very hot and sunny except for Sunday evening (thunderstorm) and monday morning when it was overcast.
There does not seem many English staying at the hotel this year compared with last.
Hope this is of some use and will post a report when I get back (still 10 days left).
Dave.
Hello !

I"d like to hear information about this hotel (Perunika). Good restaurants, discos, nightclubs in GS?

I"m going there 26.6 for one week alone but maybe I get to know someone other tourists there.
tero65,
Bonkers nightclub is opposite the Hotel Perunika. Also, turn right out of the hotel and up the hill there was another (can't remember the name). As for eating, there was a very nice open air restaurant next door to Bonkers as well as a steak bar next to the Perunika. Both were very good and not too pricey.
Would recommend Kvarma or a Shopska salad.
Dave.
just stayed at the hotel perunika, anyone want any info on golden sands resort ask away!
the hotel is ok, nothing special. rooms are nice and clean, although i cant say the same for the pool and pool area. breakfast is ok.
i would recommend you request a pool view, as the other side of the hotel overlooks party street, and is very noisy.
the location is good, just a couple of mins to the beach, and the clubs and resturants are on your door step.
the bulgarian night on the reps trip isnt that great, free food and drink but boring night for the money.
have a good trip.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.