Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
tobacco
46 Posts
around 20€ for 5x 50g packs.
Ha ha Trev.... you beat me to it lol. I spotted GV too (yesterday) for €18.50 for the same amount. That was in Playa Blanca though, in a real cheapie shop that we use.
what are the rules about smoking in Canaries - have all hotels etc., banned smoking?

You can't buy cigs in supermarkets anymore in Spain - does that go for Canaries too?
In the Canaries.... all venues over a certain size (floorspace) had to apply for a license to have smoking. However, up until the end of last year (sorry, it's as recent as I can tell you), not one venue in Lanzarote had applied. Yet many places still allow it. I smoke, and I haven't been in many places that don't allow it. I can't speak for hotels... but I know the Rubicon Palace in Playa Blanca didn't allow it in the main bar - although we were able to in the private bar we were in (for a wedding reception).
It's so lovely and warm here though.... that we didn't mind nipping out on the balcony.
As for supermarkets selling cigs... I saw some for sale in both Spar and Hiperdino yesterday.
The Canaries are similar to the Channel Islands, in that they are self-governing to an extent. Also, the fact that the Canaries see Spain's law influence as an unwanted Uncle - goes halfway to explain why they do what they want.
Hope that helps to answer your question.
Thankyou very much, I am over on Thursday and have brought cigs before but not tobacco.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.