Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Anticipation of a holiday is almost as good as the holiday- well, you know what I mean :lol: It gives you something to look forward to when the weather is at its worse.
It may help a little when you take a sunbank session :P
Have already booked and paid for August 2007 we tried Turkey this year after being in Bulgaria for 5 times and soon as we came home in late Sept we booked for the Fiesta Beach in SB as it is abasoutly fantistic, maid service second to none and all staff very friendly. This will be our 3rd time in the Fiesta Beach so any body going good luck and good holiday.
Have you stayed in this hotel and if you did was it this year as we were not there this year and was wondering if there is any changes to it.
Myself, my wife and daughter plus mum-in-law, all going to hotel Druzhba on June 10th for two weeks. Druzhba means friendship and 3 previous magical holidays in Albena have proved that, been other places since but we all agree that Albena has it all. My daughter can't wait to have more horse-riding lessons, Wife and mother already budgeting for the lovely silver-ware and all of us looking forward to walking in Balchik and seeing whats on at the Varna opera house. Hope the restaurant 'Bavaria' is still there, will probably put on a few pounds!
Hoping to book the Meridian Hotel Sunny Beach again this year. Had a fab time last year.
Does anyone know if Bulgaria joining the EU will affect the prices? Or do you think they will be much the same? :?
Hi Tepe,

With regard to the consequences of Bulgaria joining the EU in respect of prices, the answer is that at this time no one knows, and we won't until the first tourists return home and report in May/June.

Peter
Hi Peter.

further to what you are saying the Bulgarians i have spoken to at new year seem to expect that rather than the prices going up by leaps and bounds and taking in to account the law that was passed to equalise prices they expect to pay closer to the prices that the tourist was paying for some things (you know how there was always a difference between what they paid in some places and what the tourist paid) but they dont seem to expect major rises in prices and there did not seem to be any difference at least right away like we experienced when we joined europe.
Hi Mondeo,

It may be the case that in the same place such as a restaurant there is no higher rate for tourists, but as you know there are still two Bulgarias.

The tourist Bulgaria in the resorts and the real Bulgaria often just across the road, where prices can be a third of what the tourists pay for the same things.

I don't think the law to equalise is being complied with at all, for example taxis are always more expensive for the tourist, but note the difference if you have a Bulgarian with you!

Prices will rise, the only variable is when and by how much. The limiting factor for Bulgarians will be can they afford it. They think we are all rich with limitless pockets, that's the problem.

Peter
I have also booked my flights for May to Varna. The weather will be a lot better than hear i think.
Great country to get away from the uk to.
Thanks for the info guys, really usefull.

tepe
X
Hi Copperworks

Where do you go horseriding- my girls would love to do it! Do you just turn up or is it adviseable to pre-book either when in resort or from the UK? We will be staying at the Albena Beach Club in August- first time in Bulgaria!!

Thanks

Pam :D
Hi Pam, The Riding Stables are within half a miles walk of your Hotel, they are on the right hand side on way to Bus Station, just before the Football Stadium. They do many different rides, ie beach, trekking, Cheers Tonyt
Thanks Tony- a trek along the beach sounds wonderful. We shall explore when we arrive and make sure we get it booked!

Pam :D
It has been a while but finally back in the cyberspace world again!

Hope you all have a great time in Bulgaria this summer. We (the wife) decided on a change this year after 4 years in Sunny Beach and are heading to Egypt in June.

I am sure I will miss Sunny Beach and how it will no doubt have changed again over the winter!

Regards

Stephen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.