Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hello Esh,
The jabs would'nt be such a problem as you could just pop into your local gp and see the nurse and pick up your malaria tablets and start taking a week before you go, your main hurdle would be getting your tourist visa if you live near london you could take a early trip to india house in aldwych and queue for but get there before 830am as they only give out 1500 a day and they go quick,
hope this helps I'm sure others will pitch in with much more info,
good luck and wherever you decide have a great time

Bolt :D
Esh just do it

lez
Flight only is just fine in Goa, just grab the taxi (from the airport) when you arrive and tell him how much you want to spend per night (start cheap) maybe 300 Rs/- per night, if you don't like them go up a little, you won't be in your room much so it doesn't have to be a palace...

Easiest place to find somewhere is Calangute/Candolim, although this is quite touristie, but a good base when you first arrive (very convienant), if you pay per night then you have the choice of going further a field later... eg down south (Palaolim is lovely), or futher north to Ashwem etc...

We don't take any anti malaria drugs, but obviously this is OUR choice, and it's not that practical as we live here all year round, we've been fine so far, but do talk to your GP. I get to visit the local health center a bit through work and they report there is 1 in a hundred people who get infected, and most of these are Indians from out of state (road workers etc) who are more prone to being bit more frequently....

Just go into your local travel agent and say, what you want, I'd go for flight only (then there shouldn't be those annoying single suppliment things). I've been told by a few people that they don't have the food option on the plane (take your own instead), but they still give you one... ???

Depending on how long you want to stay you might consider coming Via Mumbai, possibly a little more daunting (for the first trip), but it does make it more interesting and the flights are a lot more comfortable... etc I think these start around the £300 mark, these allow longer durations (1 month - 6 month (if you're on a tourist visa)

Hope this helps
Rob,

Thanks a bunch. Thats was the kind of info I was lookikng forward to recieving. I think my only concern is getting a tourist visa. Not enough time. I'm certain I would need a ticket to get a visa? I am correct.

Lez.....Thats a great help I think......and thats the plan

I've got 10 - 14 vdays at most and although I'd like to think I'm likely to move about the reality is that I just want to relax, meet new people and go out some evenings.

Esh
I'm certain I would need a ticket to get a visa? I am correct.

no it is advised to get a visa first, then you can book your holiday.

lez
Esh

I see that you live in London if you can get to the India high commission with 2 photos and your passport with the correctly filled in visa application and thirty pounds in cash, you should get you visa on the day. You can download the visa application from the high commission website; there is a sticky with the website above

Then its ok to book your flight in advance,
Cheers Lezlie!

I'm filling in the form and will attempt to get the visa this monday first things.

Esh
Have a look at this site.

Click Here

Last week they had flights to Goa for £70! But you had to be able to travel within a couple. so getting your visa as soon as poss will put you in a good position to be able to respond.

Mozzies are not really a problem. just buy a good repellant. Injections-- up to you I guess-- nothing is compulsory as it used to be many years ago.

*Edit to shorten link which was stretching the page - Glynis*
please please please just do it went 1st time over christmas cant wait to go back dont buy malaria tablets in the uk when in Goa visit local pharmacy please go with an open mind give it 2 days to get used to the culture then have the time of your life
My written English is bad when I'm excited!!!

Thanks for all your help< I'm SoOOO looking forward to getting my visa and going. More than ever
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.