Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Well prices went up a bit last year and I would guess they may do the same this year but not that much. At the moment it is still out of season so a lot of places aren't yet open, especially those that do English breakfasts as there are really many English tourists there.

For food and drink we always pay in lira, for trips and shopping it can sometimes be better to pay in Sterling as you get a better deal.
Hi Chris,
We were there in October/November last year and to be honest - there is not a lot of difference between Uk prices and prices in Bodrum - Beer , Coffee and prices for a decent meal are similar.

Toffeemen
we were there last september/october and to say food is the same price as the uk is very misleading - try to see what you get a fiver in the uk and then compare with bodrum - no contest bodrum would win everytime - yes drinks are not the bargain they used to be but we were paying about 9 to 11 lira for a large beer and a local spirit and mixer so still well under a fiver - in a uk pub (where i live) a pint of lager and a large spirit with mixer is well over £5
There is no way prices are like those in the UK :really

I guess it depends where you are eating and drinking but we paying about £20 for two adults and two children for a really good meal plus drinks. We always eat in local restaurants though so I'm sure some places are more expensive.

Imported drinks are always expensive but beer is still good value, I'm sure we never paid more than 5 lira for a large beer.
Thanks for your replies guys!

I am staying at the Parkim Ayaz in Gumbet Half Board, but sometimes It's nice to eat out.

Can anyone tell me how much a pint of Efes is?
and do they prefer Lira or Euros?

Thanks,
Chris.
Last year Efes was between 3 and 5 lira in most places, a bit more in some of the busy bars and clubs I expect though. We always pay for drinks in lira, although they will accept sterling too.

Parkim Ayaz is a very nice hotel, I'm sure you will have a good time.
Hi I was in Gumbet in Sept 07 and thought it was really cheap. Im meant to going back again in Aug and was jus wonderin if its still really cheap? €1500 did me for 2 wks in 07- would i still manage on that? Also will be going for one week with a friend but was thinin bout stayin for a second week on my own. Has anyone else done it? Im 22 by the way

I don't think prices will change that much in 2 years Claire.

I have been on holiday to Bitez on my own before and I lived in Gumbet so I would be perfectly happy to stay there on my own too. If you know your way around and are confident enough to be alone for a week then go for it, I'm sure you will meet new friends there in the first week anyway. Just be careful if you are out and about at night and don't walk about in the dark alone. If possible stay in a central hotel rather than one that is a bit out so you don't have too far to go home.

I'm sure you know all this anyway - it's just the mum in me coming out ;)

Kedi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.