Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hire a car or use the buses if they are running when you go. (We have just returned and there was no evening bus service as it was early season) The Taxis don't have meters and despite getting a quote earlier in the day for 12 euros but with a brief stop at Debenhams to buy some cufflinks I expected a 15 euro tab. The cost 20 euros.

The exchange rate is doing everybody this year so it's probably a little unfair to say that the prices are high, but beware the £5 garlic bread at Caballeros/Oasen restaurant on the front....and the eat all you can at Amore a little further on. Nice setting but go for the main menu as the specials, apart from the pasta appear to be frozen and warmed through.

If you want a good basic but generous meal you'll not beat 'Tea for Two' just off the front but still overlooking the sea. Special Omelette, Chips and Salad for about £7 euros, Chicken Fillet, Chips etc., for 8 euros. We ate there 3 times :tup

Sorry, just realised your stopping at the Tombs and i'm sure there are Restaurants closer by.
I really like the Caravel restaurant in Chloakas.

It is on the road to Coral Bay and is between the Hotel Laura & Hotel Azia.

Cheers

:cheers

Bill W
There's a Tea for Two on the TOTK road as well and one up in the old town with great views over a good part of the resort from the lighthouse right up towards Coral Bay.As mentioned before the buses run regularly and in the summer they run up and down the TOTK road until about 23:30.I'm sure a 10,11 and 15 will take you to Coral Bay and back.
My sister lives just outside of Paphos and she has found a great place for a cheap lunch- opened not long ago just next to her work.
Her directions
If you know where the Honduras Tavern is( and she is sure it is well known so I'll take her word for it :) ), its 3 doors down from that. Hardies-
a euro for tea or coffe and 1.5 euros for a sandwich roll. She says a lot of the locals use it.
Perhaps someone can give better directions than that :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.