Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
don't panic doepsmc
olu has not changed and your choice of lykia is a good one it has everything you could possibly want i do think you will enjoy it and olu is just a short taxi ride away :D
Thanks Lyn :D , probably something to do with the torrid time I am having, but I am just not looking forward to it, and then seeing all the dodgy posts made it worse.

I did find the handbag prices etc a complete rip off. Don't they realise that we can get an exceptionally nice real leather handbag for 60 quid in Debenhams, without the stitching all over the place LOL & no really tacky fake chloe bits on it and more to the point without the sales assistant (if you can find one) telling us to :swear off when we don't buy. With our salaries being 4 times higher. making the c*** bag 200 quid in real terms. :bhead

I think Karen posted something about a rip of leather purse for 20 quid. :roll: They must think we are nuts. when you can get a well made one in M&S for 15. LOL. My hubby is an over tipper :roll: I have explained that it upsets the economy with waiters then earning more than Doctors etc etc etc but he doesn't listen.

Still at least the weather will be good. Just as well I didn't go years ago as at least I didn't know it any different.

Chrisxxx
  • Edited by doe 2007-10-29 13:55:30
Yes it makes it hard to accept when 4/5 years ago we had so much fun with the locals buying our fakey handbags for a tenner and £5/10 for a watch , guaranteed to the airport of course . thats the point you could blow £100 over the holiday on a big load of c r a p and you would get the best £100 worth of entertainment ever doing so . It didnt matter when it fell apart. But it does matter now. I purchased one of those chloe handbags for my sons girlfriend . £50/60 all the shops wanted ,and people were paying it. So determined was I that I would get her that Chloe bag she dearly wanted that we trawled the whole olu high street 1 night just to find a shop that offered us a barter and a decent smile .eventually found one and paid £35 which I still think is stupid but hey we were on holiday. after 2 weeks use her prized possesion fell apart,she was gutted. The G star jeans my boys got are ok but all the buttons fell off so theres only the denim left.

lyn

Chris I hate to hear you sounding depressed over holidays. We need to do something to cheer you up. :wink: I truely hope things are improving for you even if just a little.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.